Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toblerone - Very cheap!

• 19-05-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

I don't post deals very often but thought I'd share this as it's the best price I've ever seen in supermarkets.

400g Toblerone - 2 for € 5.00 in Centra (Claregalway anyway). Just picked up a couple there now. Grand for best before, it was Feb '15 I think. There's a sign up about it so it's not a mis-price. No idea if unique to that store though...

Normally they're up to € 6.99 in Supermarkets, but you often see them going for € 5.00 or € 4.00, but I've never seen € 2.50 for a 400g giant bar.

Stock up!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,392 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

g0g wrote: »
    I don't post deals very often but thought I'd share this as it's the best price I've ever seen in supermarkets.

400g Toblerone - 2 for € 5.00 in Centra (Claregalway anyway). Just picked up a couple there now. Grand for best before, it was Feb '15 I think. There's a sign up about it so it's not a mis-price. No idea if unique to that store though...

Normally they're up to € 6.99 in Supermarkets, but you often see them going for € 5.00 or € 4.00, but I've never seen € 2.50 for a 400g giant bar.

Stock up!!!!

Any of the dark chocolate ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Can't wait to drive to Dundee in my bare feet with a load of these!

9LqRYt4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,459 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No one likes Toblerones !
    Why do they even make them. They are unwanted triangles on a planet that is clearly round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,392 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why do they even make them. They are unwanted triangles on a planet that is clearly round.

The dark chocolate ones are lovely. Just after finishing the last 2 segments of my last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

The dark chocolate ones are lovely. Just after finishing the last 2 segments of my last one.

I thought you only liked crisps :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

is this offer in all stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

The salty almond one are soo good. Wish this offer was available in Dublin. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭g0g

Any of the dark chocolate ones?
    Where I saw them they only had the milk chocolate ones on the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭g0g

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Dunno, although I happened to be in two nearby Super Valus in the past couple of days which are part of same group and didn't notice the deal. Hopefully other Centras have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

They had plenty of them for the same price in Super Valu in Lusk last Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

Can't wait to drive to Dundee in my bare feet with a load of these!

9LqRYt4.jpg

toblerone-2.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

KAGY wrote: »
    toblerone-2.png

I know this is supposedly the best way to break them up, but i tried it with the large toblerone recently and the peaks of both triangles shattered in my hands any time i tried it.

Who cares anyway. Omnomnom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I know this is supposedly the best way to break them up, but i tried it with the large toblerone recently and the peaks of both triangles shattered in my hands any time i tried it.

Oh an official technique. I generally just bit down on the chunky goodness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

BLASPHEMY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I want a toblerone now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I love Toblerones, One of my favorite bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got cheap large toblerones in supervalu a while back, I reckon the makers drop the wholesale price or something, like how beers are suddenly all reduced.

€2 type shops often have 5 for €2, which are about 50g each, so a 400g is about 8 bars worth, and of course some want the gimmick factor of a large bar, maybe as a present. One €2 shop in dun laoghaire seems to have changed to 3 bars for 1.25 or maybe 1.50.

170g is 1.49 in dealz
    http://www.dealz.ie/toblerone-milk-170g

not cheaper than the OP per gram but just throwing them out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Sam Mac wrote: »

The offer wasnt available in the two stores I checked in Dublin city centre :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Offer wouldn't want to be in our local centra or I'll be forced to make a lot of toberlone cheesecakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

They sell the big ones in Dealz for €1.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

MugMugs wrote: »
    BLASPHEMY!

that's what i was going to say.

i for one love toblerones.... all colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

MugMugs wrote: »
    They sell the big ones in Dealz for €1.49

They're the 170g bars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Alps.. They are called alps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Etnies wrote: »
    Alps.. They are called alps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toblerone#History
    The triangular shape of the Matterhorn in the Swiss Alps is commonly believed to have given Theodor Tobler his inspiration for the shape of Toblerone. However, according to Theodor's sons, the triangular shape originates from a pyramid shape that dancers at the Folies Bergères created as the finale of a show that Theodor saw.

And no mention of the hidden bear yet!
    toblerone21.jpg
    30-09_toblerone.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I recently attempted to eat a Toblerone that had been in the fridge. I tried to bite into it but such was its firmness that one of the segments slid up and gashed my gums at the side of my mouth. This gash then developed into a mouth ulcer the following day but it was worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'm newly-vegan so this is just torture... :(

I feckin' love those things! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought I did well getting a 100g one half-price in Tesco for about a euro last weekend.

Nom.. good value - thanks OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Poundworld/land/shop/around a pound in de nordy for the big ones, and guess how much?
    Technically these are for us men only as they are 'yorkie like' in apperance, ideal for truck drivers etc.
    Think someone tried to take a plane with one waving in hand over in the middle east, he got it duty free too.

Advertisement