Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free 12 Months McAfee Antivirus & Internet Security For MBNA Customers

Options
  • 25-03-2011 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Link on the bottom right of "manage your account" page.

MBNA Complimentary 12 month McAfee subscription

Your complimentary subscription includes the following applications & features to keep you protected online:

• Virus Scan – Detects, blocks, and removes viruses, spyware, adware & rootkits; insidious programs designed to tamper with your PC
    • Online Backup 1 GB – Protects digital files & memories with automatic Online Backup
    • McAfee SiteAdvisor Plus – Better protection from dangerous websites
    • Shredder – Allows for quick & easy removal of confidential files from your PC

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Credit card details must be provided before download, and will automatically renew the 12 month subscription unless you tell them otherwise. Just remember that if you go for this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

my 2 cents, even if this particular antivirus is free, it is not worth downloading, there are many more superior ones which are free, just check on the appropiate fourm here on boards.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

a program to remove this after for free would be a better bargin, nightmare of a program

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

there is one, i forget where i saw it it may have been techgeeks ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Would'nt touch McAfee with a barge pole. Microsoft Security Essentials is free. I have it since it was released and not a bit of bother:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

a program to remove this after for free would be a better bargin, nightmare of a program
    flutered wrote: »
    there is one, i forget where i saw it it may have been techgeeks ?.
    To uninstall McAfee.

I've put this up in a few places, it might save some people alot of time and money so I'll put it here aswell.
    Don't use Internet Explorer if you still are, all it's good for is downloading a different browser.

Use Firefox with these 3 add-ons (click on Tools when you have Firefox running to install add-ons),

(1) Adblock Plus(subscribe to easylist) half the bad stuff you catch on the Internet comes from ads. Don't use it on your favourite sites, your cutting there funding.

(2) No Script

(3) Web Of Trust (WOT) blocks sites with bad ratings from loading.

For reading PDF documents use Foxit Reader instead of Adobes Reader(This is probably on your computer already, delete it, it's full of holes) do a custom install so you can untick all the stuff you don't want.

Install Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, and Comodo Firewall (don't install the antivirus that comes with it.) if comodo gives you trouble use PC Tools Firewall instead.

Don't use an Administrator account and update everything.

CCleaner is handy for keeping you computer tidy.

VLC media player for your songs and films. Super program.

This looks like alot but once installed thats it really.

OR install a different operating system and don't bother with anything, Ubuntu. Boards have a Forum for these here.

All this stuff is free.

Advertisement