Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-03-2019, 12:31   #31
C3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnifferous View Post
I know the house you're talking about. If someone is willing to pay 765k for that good look to them!

For 200k less than that, like the previous poster mentioned, you will get a lot in greystones even with the current eye-watering prices.
You can't compare that house to living in a housing estate! If I had the money I would buy it like a shot! It's a lovely house in a great location .... right in the middle of Greystones!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-03-2019, 12:34   #32
seasidedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3PO View Post
You can't compare that house to living in a housing estate! If I had the money I would buy it like a shot! It's a lovely house in a great location .... right in the middle of Greystones!
780k now. I know, it was fabulous. Unique
Thanks from:
12-03-2019, 12:37   #33
seasidedub

I saw Seagreen/Seagreen view. Still packed in up there and houses built so unimaginatively. If they had "flipped" them upside down you'd get great views from living room. But no, this is Ireland, a 3 bed semi has a formula......
12-03-2019, 12:41   #34
C3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidedub View Post
Thanks for this. I'm currently in a beach area of north county Dublin. I need to move and am only willing to move to the sea as I've lived by it all my life. I know Rush, Skerries etc very well, but need to go south. Can't afford Dalkey, Sandycove etc, so Greystones is the best choice. I'm used to a village atmosphere so want that too.
Would this appeal .... it does to me!

https://www.daft.ie/wicklow/houses-f...cklow-2029708/
12-03-2019, 12:43   #35
Stallingrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3PO View Post
You'd have to convert to unicyle, no room to store a proper bike!

Near 800K and no bathtub. The Tiger is back!
Advertisement
12-03-2019, 12:54   #36
el Fenomeno

Which is this house you're talking about? I see one listed on daft for 765k but not 120m2....
12-03-2019, 13:01   #37
seasidedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Fenomeno View Post
Which is this house you're talking about? I see one listed on daft for 765k but not 120m2....
Actually 127, was on for 745, now at 780
12-03-2019, 13:09   #38
loyatemu

it's a bit ramshackle but it has character, is right beside the harbour and the Beach House:
https://www.daft.ie/wicklow/houses-f...cklow-1949001/

there are several houses available in Hillside and Heathervue, both good estates with lots of families living in them and minutes walk from the beach and village.
12-03-2019, 13:19   #39
seasidedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyatemu View Post
it's a bit ramshackle but it has character, is right beside the harbour and the Beach House:
https://www.daft.ie/wicklow/houses-f...cklow-1949001/

there are several houses available in Hillside and Heathervue, both good estates with lots of families living in them and minutes walk from the beach and village.
This one is a bit big and needs a lot of work but location is great. I'll look into the other areas!
Advertisement
12-03-2019, 13:59   #40
C3PO

Quote:
Thanks for this. I'm currently in a beach area of north county Dublin. I need to move and am only willing to move to the sea as I've lived by it all my life. I know Rush, Skerries etc very well, but need to go south. Can't afford Dalkey, Sandycove etc, so Greystones is the best choice. I'm used to a village atmosphere so want that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallingrad View Post
You'd have to convert to unicyle, no room to store a proper bike!

Near 800K and no bathtub. The Tiger is back!
You obviously know me!!
Thanks from:
13-03-2019, 15:13   #41
recedite

Quote:
Finally, anyone got anything good to say about the Marina Village?? Anyone?
That noisy metal box in the garden - its a heat pump for the heating system. You might end up with lower fuel bills than most if gas and oil prices go up in future, but electricity remains stable. Its a fairly new technology though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallingrad View Post
The Marina Village houses look attractive until you have to live in them. Railway to the rear, massive apartments blocking the view to the sea, over looked postage stamp gardens, limited parking, access road will very busy as it is the only way in and out for everyone. Great location but I wouldn't want to live there.
As pointed out here, you really need to check out where the high rise apartments will be relative to the house that's for sale.
13-03-2019, 18:03   #42
TheEntrepreneur

I almost bought in this development a number of years ago when the prices were around the 500K mark...thought it was a class development until I learned about the apartments and how bloody tight and on top of each other they were. How many houses will there be in total? It really put me off and since I go to greystones most weeks as i've friends living there, i am shocked how many apartments are going in and blocking those houses that once had a sea view.

There's still a number of houses (6 i think) with a direct sea view now going for over 7 figures where if money was no object, yeah go on, i'll take three! Stunning view.

For what it's worth, as a South Dublin blow in who grew up in Dublin 18 and was living in Ranelagh at the time I bought (2013/14), I ended up buying a new build in a new, small development in the outskirts of "Bray" just off the N11...exactly 10 mins away from Cabinteely Village. My kids will go to school in South Dublin and take the dart every day and i pat myself on the back with how much i've saved moving out of South Dublin back then and closer to Wicklow in general where in either parts of greystones or parts of Bray, there was serious value to be had in comparison to south dublin where the majority of suburbs are dull and overpriced Do it! Move out this way ;-).
14-03-2019, 13:14   #43
seasidedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEntrepreneur View Post
I almost bought in this development a number of years ago when the prices were around the 500K mark...thought it was a class development until I learned about the apartments and how bloody tight and on top of each other they were. How many houses will there be in total? It really put me off and since I go to greystones most weeks as i've friends living there, i am shocked how many apartments are going in and blocking those houses that once had a sea view.

There's still a number of houses (6 i think) with a direct sea view now going for over 7 figures where if money was no object, yeah go on, i'll take three! Stunning view.

For what it's worth, as a South Dublin blow in who grew up in Dublin 18 and was living in Ranelagh at the time I bought (2013/14), I ended up buying a new build in a new, small development in the outskirts of "Bray" just off the N11...exactly 10 mins away from Cabinteely Village. My kids will go to school in South Dublin and take the dart every day and i pat myself on the back with how much i've saved moving out of South Dublin back then and closer to Wicklow in general where in either parts of greystones or parts of Bray, there was serious value to be had in comparison to south dublin where the majority of suburbs are dull and overpriced Do it! Move out this way ;-).

I take your point, but buyers of the houses (other than the 1 million euro ones you mention) were aware from the beginning that they would not have sea views. They were told. Otherwise those houses would have been much more expensive. The apartments will be tightly packed and the management fees are almost 3k a year. I'm genuinely interested to know what you thought of the houses?
14-03-2019, 13:17   #44
Stallingrad

€3K a year management fees! For an apartment in Wicklow, madness.
14-03-2019, 14:42   #45
happyfriday74

Quote:
€3K a year management fees
Location has no bearing the level of management fees. Service charge is simply the cost of providing the common area services to the building broken down over the number of units.

Some buildings are configured differently than others and have different needs.

From looking at the plans I would bet hefty insurance premium given they are on the water and a big lift maintenance charge given there 7 lifts would go a long way to outlining the 3k mgt fee.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion