Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
08-03-2019, 12:31   #31
2Mad2BeMad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSweeney View Post
So does the HAP pay the entire 2k a month ?
No they pay 1250 a month towards rent but they don't pay deposit or any money up front. So she had to pay the 6k up front but she would or should get back 2250 off the landlord after 2 months because he would of received 2 months upfront already as well as been paid the HAP for them 2 months.
2Mad2BeMad is offline  
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 12:33   #32
JJJackal
Registered User
 
JJJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Mad2BeMad View Post
No they pay 1250 a month towards rent but they don't pay deposit or any money up front. So she had to pay the 6k up front but she would or should get back 2250 off the landlord after 2 months because he would of received 2 months upfront already as well as been paid the HAP for them 2 months.
There is a solid case to be made that in hindsight (with 20/20 vision) she should not have agreed to move in in the first place. There is a couple of thousand euros of work required to bring that property up to standard.
JJJackal is offline  
(2) thanks from:
08-03-2019, 12:44   #33
.......
Registered User
 
.......'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8,496
How was the 6k paid?

Bank Transfer? Cheque?

I would see about reversing this transaction with whatever financial institution was involved.

However, as long as she does not move in, they have the upper hand. But if she moves in, she has the upper hand. It takes a long time to get someone out in this country.
....... is online now  
08-03-2019, 18:10   #34
Fol20
Registered User
 
Fol20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,936
It wouldnt 1000”s at all. Dublin prices might be different, however it would be about 350-400 for 2 people to clean the place for 8 hours. This would include industrial cleaning material to do fridge,microwave oven etc. Not sure if you can do much for couch, they can lightly clean it however you didnt mention they agreed to replace it so your stuck with that. Leak on ceiling can be repainted for circa 100e pending no more leaks, plumber can be pricey depending on extent of leak. Rubbish can be removed for 100.

What did the ea say when you made contact with them.

I would also not recommend putting pics online in case you need to go to rtb with this.anything that can self identify you toward the agency etc will not help your case.
Fol20 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
08-03-2019, 19:42   #35
2Mad2BeMad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fol20 View Post
It wouldnt 1000”s at all. Dublin prices might be different, however it would be about 350-400 for 2 people to clean the place for 8 hours. This would include industrial cleaning material to do fridge,microwave oven etc. Not sure if you can do much for couch, they can lightly clean it however you didnt mention they agreed to replace it so your stuck with that. Leak on ceiling can be repainted for circa 100e pending no more leaks, plumber can be pricey depending on extent of leak. Rubbish can be removed for 100.

What did the ea say when you made contact with them.

I would also not recommend putting pics online in case you need to go to rtb with this.anything that can self identify you toward the agency etc will not help your case.
Mould as well. Couches we agreed to be removed. Drawers all of them in the kitchen are broken beyond repair.

Issue is currently been sorted but won't be fully sorted until Monday i think she's agreeing to be evicted at a cost of 1 months rent with the rest refunded to her. Appaeently the agent had no idea it was that bad....
2Mad2BeMad is offline  
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 19:48   #36
Browney7
Registered User
 
Browney7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Mad2BeMad View Post
Mould as well. Couches we agreed to be removed. Drawers all of them in the kitchen are broken beyond repair.

Issue is currently been sorted but won't be fully sorted until Monday i think she's agreeing to be evicted at a cost of 1 months rent with the rest refunded to her. Appaeently the agent had no idea it was that bad....
She should be insisting on getting the whole lot back!
Browney7 is offline  
08-03-2019, 20:01   #37
fritzelly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browney7 View Post
She should be insisting on getting the whole lot back!
Absolutely, why should he be 2 grand better off. Is he gonna use to do the place up.
Wouldn't be letting him off, get all the money back
fritzelly is offline  
08-03-2019, 22:06   #38
Fol20
Registered User
 
Fol20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Mad2BeMad View Post
Mould as well. Couches we agreed to be removed. Drawers all of them in the kitchen are broken beyond repair.

Issue is currently been sorted but won't be fully sorted until Monday i think she's agreeing to be evicted at a cost of 1 months rent with the rest refunded to her. Appaeently the agent had no idea it was that bad....
I would not accept that. Wait for them to give as much money back as possible. Do not sign any forms in case you are accepting liability of 1months rent. Once you get back 4k and you see it in your bank account. Then raise a dispute with rtb. If the place is in that type of condition that you say its in, and the agency agrees(try and get this in writing) then you should be entitled to everything back. If you start to raise the dispute like this with them now. They may retain more than one months rent so be careful.
Fol20 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
08-03-2019, 22:13   #39
listermint
Registered User
 
listermint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 20,769
Opening post. I was like ... Ovens dirty just clean it. And there's no mould there just a greasy dirty wall

However the floor behind that bed . That is mould. That is serious and no one should sleep in that room for any length of time before that's sorted.

Mould of that scale is a silent Illness causer and has serious respiratory consequences that many people don't understand.
listermint is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-03-2019, 23:40   #40
the_syco
Registered User
 
the_syco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 34,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Mad2BeMad View Post
According to my cousin she would be the first tenant as the landlord is only new to the scene.
From looking at the pictures, I'd say the landlord has rented out the house without doing much work, if anything at all.
the_syco is offline  
09-03-2019, 02:06   #41
L1011
Moderator
 
L1011's Avatar
Not a hope should 2k be gifted to the landlord / agent (they will be taking fees all along the way) for a few days in that kip
L1011 is online now  
(2) thanks from:
09-03-2019, 17:28   #42
mad m
Registered User
 
mad m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,253
There is standards for rented accommodation

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...standards.html

Although the oven and grease is manky and should of been cleaned prior to moving in. Is there smoke, carbon alarms, fire blanket in kitchen?
mad m is offline  
11-03-2019, 10:53   #43
2Mad2BeMad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,320
*UPDATE

so she got off the phone. The agent said she was very sorry about the place and didnt relise how bad it was. The agent offered to clean the house from top to bottom that my cousin won't recognise it.
My cousin stuck to her guns and refused politely and said she just wants out.
The agent asked my cousin to drop the keys into her this afternoon and she will sort it for her in a few days and apologised again.

This is were it's abit tricky I told my cousin under no circumstances should she hand the keys over until officially been out of the agreement. She hasn't called the agent back to tell her this but am I right in thinking this way?
2Mad2BeMad is offline  
11-03-2019, 10:58   #44
JJJackal
Registered User
 
JJJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Mad2BeMad View Post
*UPDATE

so she got off the phone. The agent said she was very sorry about the place and didnt relise how bad it was. The agent offered to clean the house from top to bottom that my cousin won't recognise it.
My cousin stuck to her guns and refused politely and said she just wants out.
The agent asked my cousin to drop the keys into her this afternoon and she will sort it for her in a few days and apologised again.

This is were it's abit tricky I told my cousin under no circumstances should she hand the keys over until officially been out of the agreement. She hasn't called the agent back to tell her this but am I right in thinking this way?
The agent seems reasonable?
JJJackal is offline  
Thanks from:
11-03-2019, 11:09   #45
the_syco
Registered User
 
the_syco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 34,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Mad2BeMad View Post
This is were it's abit tricky I told my cousin under no circumstances should she hand the keys over until officially been out of the agreement. She hasn't called the agent back to tell her this but am I right in thinking this way?
Out, and minus all the money?
the_syco is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet