Brief summary - landlady not returning deposit due to what she claims to be damage to the house.
- Gave months notice, was accepted and all agreed.
- Paid rent in full until tomorrow, keys not yet returned.
- moved most of our stuff out (still a few bits left until tomorrow) and moved into the new house sporadically over the last 2 weeks, to allow her a chance to paint the house and get new tenants in quickly.
- landlady went into the house over the weekend and has gutted it. no visual inspection was done with us and now she is keeping our deposit for problems she claims to have found - no evidence left as they are all fixed and photos dont show anything.
- it was agreed to meet her in the house when she was there to get back the deposit but she never did that (she claimed she was too busy to even ring us)and has now sent an email saying she is keeping the deposit and thats that.
we accept damage on 2 things which we are willing to have deducted out of deposit (15%) but she is looking to keep 100% for things like a dirty oven,removal of some shelves, a shelf missing from the fridge and a few other things that we could have easily replaced last week had she asked or told us. ie she never actually gave us any notice that she wanted this stuff done. she even included the payment of a skip for taking our stuff out despite the fact we dont officially move out until tomorrow!
thoughts and advice?