Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-02-2018, 15:54   #16
Hoboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askthe EA View Post
The oven is the most 'forgotten' thing in my experience it seems! Thats €50 - €80 cleaning straight away.
Fine if they'd moved out but they haven't!
Advertisement
27-02-2018, 16:45   #17
FishOnABike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboo View Post
Fine if they'd moved out but they haven't!
Exactly, no excuse for witholding any of the deposit or dumping any iof the tenants belongings anytime before the tenants were due to move out.

I wouldn't be happy to settle for anything other than a return of the deposit in full and additional payment for any belongings removed before the end of the day the tenant was due to have moved out.

If the LL doesn't play ball I'd play hardball and consider making a complaint to the Gardaí for theft and criminal damage relating to the belongings dumped.
Thanks from:
28-02-2018, 00:42   #18
the_syco

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjay2005 View Post
she even included the payment of a skip for taking our stuff out despite the fact we dont officially move out until tomorrow!
Would that be theft?
28-02-2018, 17:33   #19
homerjay2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_syco View Post
Would that be theft?
well technically yes, if she includes the skip in the list, then this is a counter claim we can make but i think she will remove the skip now from the list as its full of other things that were her choice to replace (have photos).

we met her, no agreement but i gave her until this evening to come back with a revised list.
01-03-2018, 04:10   #20
rossmores

If your ll entered without permission its trespassing as notice to enter a tenants room has to be agreed
If they had no permission entered and removed your belongings then its an eviction
can only read between the lines here
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 18:59   #21
homerjay2005

sorry to bump old thread, but finally had our claim heard by RTB and we won it.

accepted certain items but got 85% back of what we wanted.....very very happy.

ps.....when i say finally, it wasnt there fault it was delayed, been very busy and only took the claim late last year plus other delays.
15-03-2019, 19:56   #22
handlemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerjay2005 View Post
sorry to bump old thread, but finally had our claim heard by RTB and we won it.

accepted certain items but got 85% back of what we wanted.....very very happy.

ps.....when i say finally, it wasnt there fault it was delayed, been very busy and only took the claim late last year plus other delays.

its no risk for the tenant to take a case. where as the landlord would never see the colour of any case win
(2) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 20:01   #23
The_Conductor

Quote:
Originally Posted by handlemaster View Post
its no risk for the tenant to take a case. where as the landlord would never see the colour of any case win
I think most people accept that the landlord isn't going to get anything- regardless of what level of award they are given, how much damage the tenant caused- or how long the period of no rent ended up being. The only real reason for a landlord to proceed with a case- if is they are sufficiently aggrieved and want a case registered against a tenant to warn future landlords to exercise due caution......... It is a bit nutty that there is nothing a landlord can do to register a just claim against a tenant- but its also nutty that tenants lodge claims months or even years after the event- there should be a statute of limitations- and a perceived penalty on both errant landlords and tenants- neither side should be allowed to wriggle off the hook.
(3) thanks from:
16-03-2019, 14:04   #24
bluewolf
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by handlemaster View Post
not really here nor there in this case though is it

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion