Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options
  • 18-11-2012 10:17pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1.This thread is for motoring topics which you feel are not worthy of starting a new thread for, banter from a meet or general motoring related chit chat.

2.No lonely hearts (This is not a personal dig at anyone, it's how we feel is the best way to describe what we want to avoid. )

3.Keep it clean.

4.The Motors charter applies.

Had to create a new thread, as the last one was on the fritz!

Have fun everyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

????!!!!!!!!

What happened to round 2? Can't be fixxored?

Ooooh post #3333 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Mmm Yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Saw the wheeler dealers episode on the Triumph Spitfire. I want one. In british racing green too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

dgt wrote: »
    ????!!!!!!!!

What happened to round 2? Can't be fixxored?

Ooooh post #3333 :D

The old thread was buggy, it seemed to be affecting most people. The last time that happened it was when the thread got too big. Now, it's no where near as big as it was previously, but sure there's no harm starting a new one to try and fix it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The old thread was buggy, it seemed to be affecting most people. The last time that happened it was when the thread got too big. Now, it's no where near as big as it was previously, but sure there's no harm starting a new one to try and fix it!

Yeah I kept seeing updates but they wouldn't show up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lads can someone confirm that the last wheeler dealers was the Ford mustang? Not sure if there was one last Tuesday but on the FB page, Mike said last Thursday that the series was over which leads me to believe that there was one on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Lads can someone confirm that the last wheeler dealers was the Ford mustang? Not sure if there was one last Tuesday but on the FB page, Mike said last Thursday that the series was over which leads me to believe that there was one on Tuesday.

Wheeler.Dealers.S11E07.

"Ford Mustang" - Mike buys an all time USA motoring Icon – the Ford Mustang made famous by Steve McQueen in Bullitt. This is not just any old fastback – it’s the fastback GT, and people from all over the world flock to the USA to buy rust free examples. Mike’s car is rust free, but it has lots of problems including poor steering and braking, plus flaking paintwork. Edd will have to work hard to transform the car into a machine that will fetch more than £20,000.

Wheeler.Dealers.S11E08.

MERCEDES SLK - This one is all about the numbers and Mike sets out to prove you can make money on a car… and you don’t have to spend a fortune! He finds the cheapest SLK in the country. It only has one small problem – the roof does not work, and this is a key part of the appeal of the SLK! Mike gives Edd a fixed packet of cash to get the everything fixed. If Edd overspends, they won’t make a profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Did you try turning it off then back on again???

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

pred racer wrote: »
    Did you try turning it off then back on again???

I've been studying computers for 4 years now...and we're just getting to the module on "Pushing the big red button"!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've been studying computers for 4 years now...and we're just getting to the module on "Pushing the big red button"!

NEVER EVER push the big red button! Did you not cover the Ulster Bank fiasco yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

father-ted-s2e10-20090618195335_625x352.jpg

tumblr_lwcr52hURy1qbo8aro2_500.png

Thanks TT, I had forgotten about the Merc episode which I saw. It was actually horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

I meant Bubblewrap :D:pac:

Thanks TT, I had forgotten about the Merc episode which I saw. It was actually horrific.
    What was so bad MM?
    pred racer wrote: »
    I meant Bubblewrap :D:pac:

Does Bubblewrap work in IT?

I work in IT, it's awesome....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Here's hoping this isn't full of rebuilt **** buckets or acts as a support group to dim wits.

This thread is usually full of cliquey repititon that pushes a lot of people away.

Stheno wrote: »
    What was so bad MM?

It was just a rubbish episode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Here's hoping this isn't full of rebuilt **** buckets or acts as a support group to dim wits.

This thread is usually full of cliquey repititon that pushes a lot of people away.

51.gif

I'd also like to apologise for breaking the last thread.

So we can't talk about our cars/help other people with their cars or talk to each other.

That's gonna work.

So that weather hah...

So we can't talk about our cars/help other people with their cars or talk to each other.

That's gonna work.

So that weather hah...

Wet weather, summer tyres and a steep hill moving off from the lights.
    I've just done my first accidental wheel spin.

Might think about winter tyres after my NCT.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »

I find these Accelera's hilarious tbh, good thing i don't have long let on them.

Pull out of junction 1st wheelspin 2nd wheelspin 3rd wheelspin 4th traction and car judders off :pac: (Nothing to see here you guys it was all a dream)

Winter tyres are for quite cold temps, that generally aren't encountered in Ireland over most of the winter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

That's gonna work.

So that weather hah...

It's a lot more interesting than what usually goes on in here.

As for your other post, if you have tyres you're not happy with try to swap them ASAP! It's worth a night out in two missed. I'd imagine yours is heavy on them?

It's a lot more interesting than what usually goes on in here.

As for your other post, if you have tyres you're not happy with try to swap them ASAP! It's worth a night out in two missed. I'd imagine yours is heavy on them?

They were on it when i bought the car and as im switching from ridiculously low profile 19's to 225/40/18's again it took abit of saving for premium summer tyres+new rims. Almost there though thank god :)

Save your cash I reckon, you've been without a car up up to very recently, the money you'd spend on winters would be better spent elsewhere I reckon.

You're probably right, if after Christmas (or after the presents are bought) the weather turns particularly cold or white I may but for now I can probably just learn a little bit more. :)

I find these Accelera's hilarious tbh, good thing i don't have long let on them.

Pull out of junction 1st wheelspin 2nd wheelspin 3rd wheelspin 4th traction and car judders off :pac: (Nothing to see here you guys it was all a dream)

Haha, thankfully there was no one around to see me spin up. It can only look terrible as a young lad in a small Jap car. I'd be so ashamed. :p

I've got Continentals so they shouldn't have spun. Never happened in the dry mind, why someone would buy an ST and put ditch finders on it is beyond me. :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »

Winter tyres are for quite cold temps, that generally aren't encountered in Ireland over most of the winter :)

This is true, all seasons would probably be better for us.
    Thinking about it though, 4 new premium tyres would probably cost more than the car. :eek:

You're probably right, if after Christmas (or after the presents are bought) the weather turns particularly cold or white I may but for now I can probably just learn a little bit more. :)

Haha, thankfully there was no one around to see me spin up. It can only look terrible as a young lad in a small Jap car. I'd be so ashamed. :p

I've got Continentals so they shouldn't have spun. Never happened in the dry mind, why someone would buy an ST and put ditch finders on it is beyond me. :pac:

The 2 sets of wheels it came with had a mix of.

Accelera's 3 on car now 19"
    Kumho 1 on car 19"
    Nankang NS-2 2 on standard 18" wheels
    Goodyear (down to wires almost) original 2 front tyres 18"

Poor car, i hope it likes it's new shiny black shoes im getting it for christmas.

Getting a starange urge to refurb+powerdercoat the original 18" snowflake wheels black and spent the couple hundred i save on something else though

Should of just bought something RWD

Should of just bought something RWD

Death would have ensued by now if that was the case i fear (+we can't all be high falootin 335i drivers o0 fancy) :pac:

• Advertisement

Death would have ensued by now if that was the case i fear (+we can't all be high falootin 335i drivers o0 fancy) :pac:

Nothing to do with that,any small bit of power and fwd is inferior

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement