Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Is the process of porting any easier than it was 5 years ago?

At one point Three who I had been with lost my number.

I’m looking to port but would rather it was almost instant as phone is needed for work etc.

Thanks
    Like yourself I moved from 3 to VF it was very easy, I need my phone for work, but I was only down for about 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

I’m a current bill pay VF user. Texting MUSIC to 50222 and getting a message back saying : I'm sorry, you seem to have the wrong keyword. If you're trying to sign up to one of our offers, check www.vodafone.ie for the right details.

Anyone else having trouble moving like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

BopperSnr wrote: »
    I’m a current bill pay VF user. Texting MUSIC to 50222 and getting a message back saying : I'm sorry, you seem to have the wrong keyword. If you're trying to sign up to one of our offers, check www.vodafone.ie for the right details.

Anyone else having trouble moving like that?

If you’re on bill pay you can’t sign up for this, cancel your contract by giving the required notice period and ask them to put you on pay as you go, they will attempt to put you on a 30 day contract but decline the offer.
    When you’re on pay as you go then text for the offer.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Is the process of porting any easier than it was 5 years ago?

At one point Three who I had been with lost my number.

I’m looking to port but would rather it was almost instant as phone is needed for work etc.

Thanks
    Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

Can i sign up for the student x offer even if i am not a student and over 26?

Edit to say i see i can, sorry for asking the obvious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

swpb wrote:

Read the first page of the thread

swpb wrote: »

Edit to say i see i can, sorry for asking the obvious
    I'm almost 60

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

I signed up last month and service has been great coming from dismal Tesco mobile service. Just one thing I signed up online and was supposed to get one month free. However this doesn't seem to have kicked in. Is there something I should do to kick this off?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

bleary wrote: »
    I signed up last month and service has been great coming from dismal Tesco mobile service. Just one thing I signed up online and was supposed to get one month free. However this doesn't seem to have kicked in. Is there something I should do to kick this off?

I got it by contacting Vodafone over live chat. But then I got another free month via text about a month later

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bleary wrote: »

You pay for your first month and then you get a code by text for a free month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Can i get spotify premium with the credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭raxy

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Can i get spotify premium with the credit?

Spotify is an option to select with the plan. It doesn't require credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

I got the sim but how do i port my number over.

swpb wrote: »
    I got the sim but how do i port my number over.

Ring Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I'm out of contract so can i just walk into carphone warehouse and downgrade my three contract to a Vodafone ready to go sim card or any sim then port to Vodafone?

I'm out of contract so can i just walk into carphone warehouse and downgrade my three contract to a Vodafone ready to go sim card or any sim then port to Vodafone?

It’s all in the thread
    Walk into Vodafone and they will do it for you then text the relevant code for whatever extra you want

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Provided your phone is unlocked, I had dreadful hassle getting 3 to unlock mine, comreg sorted it for me eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I moved my broadband & TV from Eir to Vodafone last week, and I got a call today from Vodafone asking if I was interested in this deal on my mobile. So it is definitely not just for students.

I moved my phone to the sky sports offer, and the missus to Spotify premium one. I should have the Sim cards tomorrow.

Had been paying €90 to Eir and an extra tenner for Spotify so this will save me €60 a month. Plus I get sky sports as a new extra :)

Moving all my broadband, tv and two phones to vodafone has saved me €100 a month.

I moved my broadband & TV from Eir to Vodafone last week, and I got a call today from Vodafone asking if I was interested in this deal on my mobile. So it is definitely not just for students.

I moved my phone to the sky sports offer, and the missus to Spotify premium one. I should have the Sim cards tomorrow.

Had been paying €90 to Eir and an extra tenner for Spotify so this will save me €60 a month. Plus I get sky sports as a new extra :)

Moving all my broadband, tv and two phones to vodafone has saved me €100 a month.

This offer stopped being for students ages ago

No comparison to dreadful eir- vodaphone tops

• Advertisement

No comparison to dreadful eir- vodaphone tops

Yeah, equipment is light years ahead. The service is great and its half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

The mother moved over from Eir and her top up offer is up today (28 days) but actually porter over about a week more than that. When contacted on Vodafone Chat at sign up they said you would get the code within 14 days for a top up voucher. Hasn’t happened. While Vodafone coverage can’t be beaten in my mind, their customer care and ability to get things done when they say it’ll be done is abismal. Ive had to ring Vodafone numerous times every month since November and their customer service is brutal since they updated their new system. They say something is done or will be done and it isn’t. All that said Eir customer care you can’t even reach so I’m not sure which is worse.

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    The mother moved over from Eir and her top up offer is up today (28 days) but actually porter over about a week more than that. When contacted on Vodafone Chat at sign up they said you would get the code within 14 days for a top up voucher. Hasn’t happened. While Vodafone coverage can’t be beaten in my mind, their customer care and ability to get things done when they say it’ll be done is abismal. Ive had to ring Vodafone numerous times every month since November and their customer service is brutal since they updated their new system. They say something is done or will be done and it isn’t. All that said Eir customer care you can’t even reach so I’m not sure which is worse.

use the talk to section on boards, they are great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

My bill contract ends on the 31st of March. I will be switched to vodafone PAYG at this point, so can i just double check with those in the know, do I need to go get 20e credit, then send the text to join Vodafone X? Or is there a particular order I need to do it in.

fifth wrote: »
    My bill contract ends on the 31st of March. I will be switched to vodafone PAYG at this point, so can i just double check with those in the know, do I need to go get 20e credit, then send the text to join Vodafone X? Or is there a particular order I need to do it in.

Text first and then apply the credit

fifth wrote: »

Call them, they sent me a sim and said the first month is free to see if i like it and they'll put €10 free credit on it.

Got the sim yesterday, need to port over today so will see how much of the above is true.

Call them, they sent me a sim and said the first month is free to see if i like it and they'll put €10 free credit on it.

Got the sim yesterday, need to port over today so will see how much of the above is true.

If the person is on bill pay why do they need to phone for a sim, when the bill pay contract is finished the customer is migrated over to pay as you go on request, they simply text the code for the required offer and top up by €20 to activate it
    Simple

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If the person is on bill pay why do they need to phone for a sim, when the bill pay contract is finished the customer is migrated over to pay as you go on request, they simply text the code for the required offer and top up by €20 to activate it
    Simple

I was talking about the first month free and tenner credit I got, i was moving over to vodafone so needed a sim. If you text you'll just be put in the plan. It's worth a shot for a free month.

I was talking about the first month free and tenner credit I got, i was moving over to vodafone so needed a sim. If you text you'll just be put in the plan. It's worth a shot for a free month.

But that person didn’t mention porting over from another network

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    But that person didn’t mention porting over from another network

Bizarre.

Advertisement