Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lemon drizzle kit-kats, 9x2finger bars 1.20

I love these, they taste like lemon puff biscuits. They are not overpowering.

they are showing as 2euro online though, which other types of kitkats were.

They were in 2 locations in my tesco and both showed 1.20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

A good few of the tassimo coffee pods half price at €2.99 for 16. I’m loving the kenco Americano which is in this deal. The Costa coffee is 2 for 10 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Basically some people aren't happy with supermarket meat!

Is it any worse than other suppliers? Unless you have a local butcher with an abbatoir and his own cattle/pigs/sheep/fowl (or some local arrangements with his neighbours) most of the meat that is in the butcher/victualler originates from the same few factories as supermarket meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Strawberries 227g €1

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

zell12 wrote: »
    Strawberries 227g €1

fyi...this is from tomorrow.

4th - 10th March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Quite a good deal starting tomorrow with a range of products included in a 5 for 5 euro offer.
    Including
    2 L seven up
    Miwadi. No added sugar 1 litre double concentrate
    Club orange
    Various 4 packs of chocolate bars
    Hula hoops. 6 packs
    Haribo packs
    And a few others

link:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32594446

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Small easter eggs are 5 for 5 aswell

gobo99 wrote: »
    Small easter eggs are 5 for 5 aswell

I think this starts thursday, think I saw it posted elsewhere. Online shows 3 for €5 valid from 26/2/2019 until 14/3/2019

These eggs are called "medium" size these days, "small" are absolutely tiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Got a pretty savage deal yesterday. Rowantree packs which are about €2.40 a pop going 3 for €3.

I only wanted 1 packet of sweets, but 60c for an extra two packets.. who could say no to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

rubadub wrote: »
    I think this starts thursday, think I saw it posted elsewhere. Online shows 3 for €5 valid from 26/2/2019 until 14/3/2019

These eggs are called "medium" size these days, "small" are absolutely tiny.

It's Friday the 5 for 5 starts. And yes you're right it's the "medium" size eggs.

• Advertisement

^^ right, makes sense if the other runs till 14th, tomorrow you might see "price starts tomorrow" online. I was saying this about the mediums
    rubadub wrote: »
    They were called medium last year, the small ones are tiny. I do not like the name change but best to stick with it but maybe point out weights if known

A "medium" last year tended to be 1 single full size bar and a 100g egg. This is like getting 1 bar and 2 dairy milk bars. A retail dairy milk bar is showing as 53g on tesco.

I see new "medium" eggs this year, and weights can be seen on tesco

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=medium%20easter%20egg

The freddo egg is only 122g in total. So looks like a 100g egg and a mere 22g of "freddo faces"

A creme egg is 138g, 100g and the creme egg is standard 38g.

Mars is 141g so likely a 100g and not full retail bar, but multipack size.
    handy for the neighbours kids
    Or a variety of eggs for your own kids, as these offers tend to be cheaper per kilo than bigger eggs. And kids might prefer a load of different eggs.

also
    Guinness Draught Can 24X500ml

Special OfferSAVE 19.99 Was 39.99 Now 20.00

valid from tomorrow (14/3/2019) until 19/3/2019

Budweiser/molson/carling Can 24X500ml
    same

gobo99 wrote: »
    It's Friday the 5 for 5 starts. And yes you're right it's the "medium" size eggs.

confirmed online and only for 3 days

M&Ms Choco Medium Egg 135G
    Special OfferAny 5 For 5.00
    valid from tomorrow (15/3/2019) until 17/3/2019

Cadbury Creme Egg Medium Easter Egg 138G

Rolo Medium Easter Egg 131G

Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons Medium Easter Egg 128G

Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Faces Medium Easter Egg 122G

Cadbury Dairy Milk And Mini Oreo Medium Easter Egg 123G

Smarties Medium Easter Egg 122G

Aero Medium Easter Egg 124G

Kit Kat Chunky Medium Easter Egg 140G

Cadbury Mini Eggs Medium Easter Egg 130G

Maltesers Milk Chocolate Easter Egg And Chocolate 127G

Mars Milk Chocolate Easter Egg And Chocolate 141G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Sponsorgate

5 medium easter eggs for 5 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭newincity

Everything was oos by afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,642 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

5 medium easter eggs for 5 euro

Already mentioned

The internet isn’t for everyone

newincity wrote: »
    Everything was poo by afternoon.

Fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭newincity

Any chance they will restock today?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

They were restocking at my local Tesco late yesterday evening, no way they’ll run out on a long weekend promotion that soon

Also noticed two 24 can slabs of Diet Coke for €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

newincity wrote: »
    Any chance they will restock today?

Tesco Galway already restocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

When are the coke offers over?? And when are the Easter eggs one over?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Pussyhands wrote: »
    When are the coke offers over?? And when are the Easter eggs one over?

tomorrow- they were a 3 day offer. Many branches are out of stock anyway- so it may very well be moot.

I got down 2 full boxes of the creme egg 5 for 5 eggs. They were on the top shelf hidden behind other large eggs, so keep an eye out.

I was just getting the 5 but when I cracked open the box the gannets swooped and so I got another down for them.

Another woman was fishing down freddo eggs with a broom she got in the hardware section next to the eggs!

I saw people with rolo eggs, no sign of these in the main section, there were rakes of smarties eggs in the veg section and might have been other boxes dotted around the shop like this so have a good look.

Same with me with the mi wadi. There was only 4 left on a stand and none in the section. As I was walking around someone had put 4 back on a shelf in the crisp section so I got my fifth one. That’s a great offer 3.19 each or 5for5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

^Ninja Edit :p

I was very bemused at first, thought Tesco had REALLY branched out!

• Advertisement

^Ninja Edit :p

I was very bemused at first, thought Tesco had REALLY branched out!
    Haha, damn predictive text. Didn’t think anyone would notice. Meant to say tayto :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tattoos?

Tesco instant custard powder 28c
    bb March 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

Which store? I'm getting
    Sorry, this product is currently not available
    online and didn't see it in my local

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Camp Coffee (what used to be Irel) €1.40 in Claremorris. Looks like a clearance item, but see it's still 2.79 online. If you use this for making coffee cake, it can be hard to find. I didn't notice it in Tesco before, it's sometimes available in SuperValu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,549 ✭✭✭✭L1011

leck wrote: »
    Camp Coffee (what used to be Irel) €1.40 in Claremorris. Looks like a clearance item, but see it's still 2.79 online. If you use this for making coffee cake, it can be hard to find. I didn't notice it in Tesco before, it's sometimes available in SuperValu.

Camp is not Irel rebranded, both existed alongside each other for years. Don't even think they taste the same.

https://www.facebook.com/BallymaloeCookerySchool/photos/a.10151933489062451/10153653090287451/?type=1&theater
    Interesting to hear that Irel is superior! Have never tried Camp, but presumed they were more or less the same. Will trawl my local supermarkets today and snap up any bottles I find

bottles seem identical which is why some might think it is rebranded.

12108057_10153653090287451_4525422884991719402_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=ea8dad179e0b723aec97cdd22acb3d52&oe=5D445D08

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Tesco have their own brand pepperoni pizza for 61c. And is quite nice similar to the Goodfellas thin one.

Edit: The brand of it is Hearty food

Luap wrote: »
    Tesco have their own brand pepperoni pizza for 61c. And is quite nice similar to the Goodfellas thin one.

Edit: The brand of it is Hearty food
    this is the stonebaked one. I think I have only seen it 2-3 times in my tesco, it is always sold out right away, even more than the battered chicken dippers.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=300285831

be careful as the other very similar looking one can be dumped in the same section, or below it and you think it is the right one.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=299425011

I add my own extra toppings, I do not think the pizza is that great, but fine for 61cent. Tesco do grated mozarella 250g for 99c which is good. 250g grated tesco cheddar is 1.69. The mozarella browns really well like a proper pizza, the proper ball of mozarella has a lot more moisture so does not brown as easily.

grolsch/molson/carslberg/bud/carling cans

Any 24 For 20.00
    valid from 4/4/2019 until 22/4/2019

Tesco Luxury Soft Toilet Tissue 9 Roll White
    €2.79

the 4 pack of the same is 2euro.

This is not advertised as an offer, it might be another sneaky price matching thing but they had plenty. There are cheaper ones, likely what was tesco value and now under a "phantom brand name", but would likely be terrible.

£3.35 on the uk site

They got rid of their bargain laundry liquid (€1.27/l)
    and
    replaced with a more expensive product (€3.51/l) :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

It seems to be widespread. Their own brand Cereals got really cheap last year but have jumped up again. Like 80c going to €1.20 leaps.

They're getting rid of the baby brand (don't know what it was called. Probably Tesco Baby or something). My local had baby bubble bath reduced to 14c a bottle but the shelf was cleared. It should be nationwide though.

bargain cod liver oil capsules (~47c), mouthwash (500ml 79c), vitamin c (~50c), tesco bath foam (~70c/l)
    all gone

cans coke x20
    diet/zero coke x24
    Any 2 For 15.00 Save 5.00
    valid from 10/4/2019 until 21/4/2019

tesco hot cross buns 33c for 4, think it was till 15th, not showing online.

9x2finger kit kat regular/lemon/dark/darkmint/cookies&cream/
    valid from 3/4/2019 until 30/4/2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

They got rid of their bargain laundry liquid (€1.27/l)
    and
    replaced with a more expensive product (€3.51/l) :mad: :mad:

Snakes.

I used to use the non bio stuff and it was grand. Was something like 1.12 or so for 960mls. Now it's nearly 4 quid for 700 odd mls.

• Advertisement

guinness & heineken Any 24 For 24.00
    valid from 7/4/2019 until 22/4/2019

Bulmers cans €26 for 24
    Budweiser cans €20 for 24
    In tesco until the 24th of April

25% OFF ON 6 BOTTLES OF WINES
    The items below are only available for deliveries on or before Monday 22nd April 2019.

Not really a grocery item , but may be of use to someone,

In Arklow, there was a large basket of reduced Nicorette chewing gum
    reduced from €11 to €2

short dated best before April 19

477786.jpg

That's not best before, that's use by, they are out of date and AFAIK it is illegal to have out of date medicines on display for sale in Ireland and Tesco are open to fines

slave1 wrote: »
    That's not best before, that's use by, they are out of date and AFAIK it is illegal to have out of date medicines on display for sale in Ireland and Tesco are open to fines

There is over 2 weeks left in April. You’d surely get through a pack in 2 weeks

It’s not the end of April yet so they won’t get fined

They have to be used before April 2019, look, going OT, they are only slightly out of date but still Tesco are wrong to be selling them

They have to be used before April 2019, look, going OT, they are only slightly out of date but still Tesco are wrong to be selling them

Plenty of time to chew a pack or two depending on the amount the person smokes, better to reduce them for a day or two rather than dump them

• Advertisement

They can claim the purchase cost back off the manufacturer and they can't just dump them, highly regulated regarding their end of life safe disposal

Advertisement