Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed camera's naas road works

Options
  • 23-10-2018 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

hi there anyone know what the fine and how many / if points apply for this might have gone over slightly this am... in the horrors :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Same as anywhere else.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

80/3 points if paid when received

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

thanks wasn't sure as its not the normal limit its the in between 60 / 80 km, normally traffic at a standstill so would nt get near sixty but traffic was moving today and forgot myself.

how long do the postal notifications take ? so i know how long to hold my breadth for

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

HairMare wrote: »
    thanks wasn't sure as its not the normal limit its the in between 60 / 80 km, normally traffic at a standstill so would nt get near sixty but traffic was moving today and forgot myself.

how long do the postal notifications take ? so i know how long to hold my breadth for

Was there a camera there today?

it looked like two traffic monitoring cameras or ccty cameras on the toward Dublin side, no flash or anything.. fella in front of me was going slow and kept hitting his breaks and i passed him out like an eejit and forgot to cool the jets afterwards... so im assuming they are speed camera's... there was no van or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

I wouldnt be panicking just yet..their signs saying 4XX prosecutions hasnt changed for weeks..this is Ireland..went through it four times yesterday..vast majority were doing 80..this 4 hundred figure would be in the tens of thousands if they are actually monitoring.

thank you for that, i am trying to hold on to hope at the minute... i don't mind the fine its the points would cripple me, never been done for speeding, ever

• Registered Users Posts: 48 1983ish

Speed van there today outbound. Went through in a convoy of trucks doing 65kph. Some money made today if it’s actually on and not just there as a deterrent. 438 prosecutions an hour I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jpringles

Did you ever get a ticket for this? I went past a van today and was slightly over 60 (somewhere around 65 i'd say). Same as you, the points would be a nightmare. Not sure how long the wait is before the ticket is usually issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 1983ish

jpringles wrote: »
    Did you ever get a ticket for this? I went past a van today and was slightly over 60 (somewhere around 65 i'd say). Same as you, the points would be a nightmare. Not sure how long the wait is before the ticket is usually issued.

Never heard a thing
    I normally give it a week, 2 weeks max before I forgive myself for being stupid.
    If you were doing 65 on your speedo I wouldn’t worry they’re normally a couple of kms over.
    I wonder what the lowest speed that the vans are actually prosecuting drivers for. If they allow 10% or not? They’re hardly doing people doing 62/63kph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

jpringles wrote: »

the wife did a while ago, she was doing 70 and got the letter within 2 weeks of the date caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,719 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Unless you passed a van or a squad car (which would have to pull you in) you should be OK

Even with the vans, you have to be practically beside them to get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I wouldnt be panicking just yet..their signs saying 4XX prosecutions hasnt changed for weeks..this is Ireland..went through it four times yesterday..vast majority were doing 80..this 4 hundred figure would be in the tens of thousands if they are actually monitoring.

It's up to over 6000 now, 5 months on. There's no way they're fining everyone if there's only been 5,500 in that timeframe. They'd catch that in a day if they wanted.

Also (kind of related), there's really stupid signage northbound at Naas now where the lanes split that make you think the left is ONLY for Naas when it's Naas and northbound. Could easily end up marooned in the outside lane with a Scania trying to run you over if your keeping to the 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

It's up to over 6000 now, 5 months on. There's no way they're fining everyone if there's only been 5,500 in that timeframe. They'd catch that in a day if they wanted.

Also (kind of related), there's really stupid signage northbound at Naas now where the lanes split that make you think the left is ONLY for Naas when it's Naas and northbound. Could easily end up marooned in the outside lane with a Scania trying to run you over if your keeping to the 60.

Why do you say "there is no way"?

They have clear evidence and its a private operator.

Limit say 60 in a number of places. Easy pickings for a private operator to make a few pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭howiya

Why do you say "there is no way"?

They have clear evidence and its a private operator.

Limit say 60 in a number of places. Easy pickings for a private operator to make a few pound.

1) The private operator makes the same amount of money regardless of how many are caught. It's the State that would be making the few pound as you put it.

2) From my experience of driving at 60 through the works zone on a regular basis I think the amount advertised has having been caught is on the low side compared to the amount of cars that would overtake me. Either there is some sort of unofficial leeway being granted to people or they are just very good at slowing down at the right time.

Advertisement