Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Blackrock

Options
  • 19-02-2019 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have an interview for a job in blackrock on the Frasciti road. I live in Milltown so it’s only a 20 mins drive. There is no staff parking and I can’t seem to find much information on parking in the area. Public transport takes an hour so I would much prefer to drive. Would anyone know of any free parking around the area or cheap parking? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

tara84 wrote: »
    I have an interview for a job in blackrock on the Frasciti road. I live in Milltown so it’s only a 20 mins drive. There is no staff parking and I can’t seem to find much information on parking in the area. Public transport takes an hour so I would much prefer to drive. Would anyone know of any free parking around the area or cheap parking? Thanks!

Using public transport doesn’t take an hour. There are a number of options.

Walk from Milltown to Bird Avenue (10 minute walk) and take the 17 bus to Blackrock (25 minutes). 35 minutes in total.

Or

Take Luas from Milltown to Sandyford (8 min) and take the 114 bus to Blackrock (22 minutes). 30 minutes total.

Use the Journey Planner app to plan the bus times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

15 minute cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're doing an interview then you'll have no problem. There is some free parking on Carysfort Ave. outside the Smurfit college, it's full most days and I don't know when you'd need to be there in the morning, probably too early for you if you're just doing an interview. Most streets in Blackrock are pay and display with a three hours limit so there's always pay spaces available.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, lots of people park on Carysfort avenue, and there are plenty of pay spaces available.

There's a little nook right here that always has plenty of spaces at any time of the day.

https://goo.gl/maps/Y9AV63d9Z9q

You're a five minute walk then from Frascati rd.

Advertisement