Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probate times in Dublin

Options
  • 16-05-2019 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hi

We're waiting on probate to go through for a house we're buying. Solicitors say waiting times have greatly improved recently. I know it widely differs from county to county. Has anyone had recent experience in Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A year would have been recently what to expect from time of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Hi

We're waiting on probate to go through for a house we're buying. Solicitors say waiting times have greatly improved recently. I know it widely differs from county to county. Has anyone had recent experience in Dublin?

Thanks

From what i hear if it is straight forward the wait times have dropped to a few weeks. That is assuming there is no queries though or issues with revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

7 weeks from lodgement of papers to receiving the grant, Dublin. I thought that was very quick as I had heard some stories about delays.

However, if there are any queries, or issues involved it could take a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

By chance, the vendor's solicitor contacted ours this morning, after calling the probate office: 6 to 7 weeks from the application date, so it's not too bad. The longest was the pre application delay as they gathered all documentation.

Hopefully, that will help other people too, as I couldn't find any recent experience anywhere

Advertisement