Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

York Thursday 16th May

• 15-05-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Lads do we think Too Darn Hot will win?

The TDH and Lah Ti Dar double looks solid but the bookies are enhancing the two so 1 of them will lose.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

lah ti dar is overrated

tdh is not

both will win tomorrow tho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think the weakness is TooDarnHot. I would be worried about the niggle he had before the Guineas. I get fussy about brilliant horses picking up niggling injuries.

It's not a great double anyway. Fine they can both win but short priced doubles give me the heebiejeebies.

I checked there, generally 23/10. Not great. The enhancement then is a massive worry also.

I also could not stop anyone backing Line of Duty in the Dante. He could be anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I also could not stop anyone backing Line of Duty in the Dante. He could be anything.

It's a cracking Dante, 2 G1 winning juveniles one a champion and the other one looking like Godolphins Derby horse, a fabulously bred O'Brien G2 winner that had been more fancied than all of his other legions of Derby Trial winners this year.

The supporting cast is mighty. A 14L winning Kingman Colt Surfman that's been backed into 2nd fav, a 9L winner Telecaster by New Approach, an Australia colt Almania flying under the radar for Michael Stoute could go close at a big price and why is Mark Johnston sending his Gallileo colt Nayef Road instead of his hyped Australia colt Bangkok. Oh and Turgenev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Lads do we think Too Darn Hot will win?

The TDH and Lah Ti Dar double looks solid but the bookies are enhancing the two so 1 of them will lose.

TDH obviously appears the one to beat but I think Magniers horse, Japan, is great value at 11-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Japan drifting like a barge

Any of you dirty great big mad bastard south Tipp heads hear anything for Clonmel later?

Cmon, I would say the whispers are flying around ?

Any of you dirty great big mad bastard south Tipp heads hear anything for Clonmel later?

Cmon, I would say the whispers are flying around ?

yea, the 2 odds on shots better win!!

Who tf is Gary McGill anyway? Sending them from Derry to Hexham by the looks of things.

He has Eba Hana in the first, 2 -1 favourite :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Japan drifting like a barge

Can't understand this, think it's nailed on for a place - out to 15/2 when I last checked!

Think TDH and LDT win.

Who tf is Gary McGill anyway? Sending them from Derry to Hexham by the looks of things.

He has Eba Hana in the first, 2 -1 favourite :eek::eek:

That's mental, never heard of him.

My Slievenamon Mad Bastard WTF Trainers in Hot streak Yankee has been applied. All running in Clonmel.

5.20 - Ebaa Hana , who is Gary McGill, honestly ?
    6.30 - Arizengo , Keith the Teeth Watson - 2 winners in the last 2 weeks, be afraid bookies he is on the prowl ….
    7.05 - Castlehume - won first time out last year.
    7.40 - Sassy Yet Classy - can't lose can it?

Lumping on Japan and Line of Duty in the Dante, wish me luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

1.50 Dark shot 11/1
    3.35 Love dreams 8/1
    4.05 Semoum 5/1
    5.05 Running cloud 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

LTD and TDH have both been very solid in the market

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Youd be fairly worried about the drift on Japan. nearing 10/1 on the machine.

LTD smashed into 1/3 in places

TDH odds on also

Made really hard work of that I have to say

Jesus my heart. LTD just about gets home

• Advertisement

I know it was the wrong trip and her first time out but I thought she was going to be much classier than that lot

Yep, definitely thought she would have done it easier. Frankie was at her a long way out but she showed her ability by getting up nicely in the end.

Seen a few pics of TDH in pre parade ring and he really doesn't look that fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Backed Japan and Almania in Dante

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Seen a few pics of TDH in pre parade ring and he really doesn't look that fit

ah feck

Beaten

Winner looks a very good horse, they were well clear of the remainder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Great ride by Murphy

You wouldnt say that he didnt stay there anyway.

Turgenev setting what looked a very quick pace certainly didnt do him any favours.
    The winner certainly got the run of the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Serious race there, the winner is good but the runner up will improve a stone

Still think that's a decent run from TDH he was the only to put it up to the winner after he and Turgenev went off like scalded cats. Winner looks very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

Winner is nothing special , Sir Dragonet is the one, dont waste your time looking at the rest

The winner was good. It looks like the Dubawi Hoodoo remains.

Gosden says he is not going to the Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Did japan raise a gallop at all?

Id imagine there is no chance they will go to the Derby after that tbh. I think he stayed fine but i seriously doubt he would have stayed another 2f.
    Anthony Van Dyk for me for the Derby. I would like to see Sir Dragonet do it one more time before declaring him the second coming. Something about the run style that i cant be having him for Epsom.

• Advertisement

Not too worried about TDH being beaten today, he has an extra few furlongs and improvement from his first run this year on his side. On the other hand he looks to have not grown much. At the moment, it's between him and Sir Dragonet if Sir Dragonet is even supplemented. The winner today had things his way but he beat an awful lot of big shots so he deserves respect, shades of The Grey Gatsby maybe about him.

Ah feck, TDH not going for the Derby :(

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Did japan raise a gallop at all?

Was ridden before the bend and seemed to be falling backwards badly, then stayed on a bit and finished 4th.

Think they gave the front two too much rope really, Turgenev wasn't beaten all that far either so doubt they went too fast in front.

Still think that's a decent run from TDH he was the only to put it up to the winner after he and Turgenev went off like scalded cats. Winner looks very good

All those big shots in behind were woeful today. All that money for Surfman beaten 5L, G1 winner Line Of Duty beaten 11L. :(. Japan didn't run too bad for an unbacked horse today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Back to a mile for the SJP at Royal Ascot

• Advertisement

Unibet went 10/1 straight after. Who in the name of god is doing there odds compiling id love to know.

He should probably be fav or joint fav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

The time of the Dante was almost exactly the same as the fillies race before it.
    That does not say much for the standard of the race.

The time of the Dante was almost exactly the same as the fillies race before it.
    That does not say much for the standard of the race.
    Yeah, they did not go *that* fast so TDH did well enough to come close from off that gallop when the rest could not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Think they gave the front two too much rope really, Turgenev wasn't beaten all that far either so doubt they went too fast in front.
    I was thinking about the race and came back to the thread to say what you said above.
    The field thought it was a too-fast pace and held back expecting the leaders to wilt.
    It was an average pace and the pack hadn't the speed to close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Itziger

Jaysus, lads here saying it 'wasn't too bad'. Yeah, it wasn't. Wasn't too good either though especially considering he was the highest rated 2-y-o since the Sire of Sire himself, Frankel.

Did it really take Gosden saying he wouldn't run in the Derby to put fellas off?

Itziger wrote: »
    Jaysus, lads here saying it 'wasn't too bad'. Yeah, it wasn't. Wasn't too good either though especially considering he was the highest rated 2-y-o since the Sire of Sire himself, Frankel.

Did it really take Gosden saying he wouldn't run in the Derby to put fellas off?

He is still decent. I will be backing him in everything between a mile and 10 f's this season. He will win the St James's and he could be an Eclipse horse or the Sussex, whatever. He also will go on cut. The way he quickened up today shows he is still a good horse, he just got tapped by a good improver who also has a future.

As regards his 2 year old rating and the Frankel comment, the Brits can't help themselves when they get a good one. They always have to be the best. That's why he got the big rating. As a punter you should get wise to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Itziger

He is still decent. I will be backing him in everything between a mile and 10 f's this season. He will win the St James's and he could be an Eclipse horse or the Sussex, whatever. He also will go on cut. The way he quickened up today shows he is still a good horse, he just got tapped by a good improver who also has a future.

As regards his 2 year old rating and the Frankel comment, the Brits can't help themselves when they get a good one. They always have to be the best. That's why he got the big rating. As a punter you should get wise to that.

He is still decent and the prep doesn't sound ideal but he's no world beater and certainly not over 12 furlongs anyway. Could still be very good at 8 but I'd wait and see how the next one goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

I really liked how TDH picked up to get to Telecaster who was given so many cheap lengths by the rest of the field.

He is still decent and the prep doesn't sound ideal but he's no world beater and certainly not over 12 furlongs anyway. Could still be very good at 8 but I'd wait and see how the next one goes.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/royal-ascot/st-james-palace-stakes/winner

Generally 7 /4 for Ascot. In fairness if he wins there you won't get a better price all year. Frankie was adamant he is not a stayer. I can see him going to the Sussex after and maybe the QE11 then.

My biggest worry would still be why he wasn't chanced in the Guineas. I would say there will be less competitive 7/4 chances around as well.

Ah just a bit of wishful thinking by some of us left with ante-post dockets on him.

Now riddle me this, if Telecaster hadn't been in today's race Too Darn Hot would have have won today's red hot Dante by 4L and he'd be an even money fav for Epsom with not much talk at all about him lacking stamina.

It's a funny old game....:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement