Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the race - Round 4 Baku

Options
  • 28-04-2019 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe not as good as previous years
    How did you rate it

Rate the race 30 votes

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    13%
    Dont be at yourselfHarikaLionbackerfael 4 votes
    13%
    PlasmoidlolieAnjobeRossi IRL 4 votes
    16%
    ZaphCharlie-Bravoskipper_Gtwin_beacontipp_tipp_tipp 5 votes
    23%
    InquitusGhost TraincherryghostSpudman_20000Joeseph Ballsthe_pen_turnerInviere 7 votes
    26%
    antodecodonspeekingleshLIGHTNINGGrim.IndestructableSantanHa Long BayAMKC 8 votes
    6%
    Corben Dallas2011 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Maybe my own expectations were too high, but that was a disappointing race for me. It was all by the numbers, they just seemed to drive to a plan layed out by the number crunchers and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,129 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

You may as well have stood on a bridge over the m50 and looked at the traffic below

Rain or safety car a requirement to create something remotely entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Pretty poor. Looked like it was nicely setup going into the 2nd half of the race but nothing really materialized in the end. Very much driving to the numbers as mentioned above. Bahrain was good, but otherwise has been a pretty lackluster start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Poor all in all. A 2 from me.

Getting more than a bit fed up with Ferrari being hyped by Sky and even Mercedes in the week prior to the race, only for the latter to dominate the Grand Prix in the sessions that count. I think they had Ferrari well covered off in the race, even if they didn't quite run away with it.

Credit to Mercedes, they are unbelievable in almost every aspect and light years ahead in strategy but it makes for a boring race! I'm sure they'd take that all year long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Would wonder if DRS is really needed on the main straight with it being so long
    Good to see Bottas win ahead of Hamilton but could have done with more close racing at the front and further back too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Would wonder if DRS is really needed on the main straight with it being so long

I agree. Either a car has enough straight line speed to overtake within 2km or it doesn't. DRS has worked well on some circuits, but I think it's completely redundant in Baku.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The fact that from about lap 30 on everyone was nursing tyres made this very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye not a good outing for F1, I gave it a 3 I think. Unless something occurs to majorly shake things up we are into a 2 horse Merc race for the Drivers and a Merc stroll in the park for the constructors, sadly. It seems Ferrari have the car to challenge but are just between the team, the tacticians and the drivers are shooting themselves in the foot race after race. Lets see what happens in Barcelona weekend of 11th/12th May, Ferrari certainly had it well over Merc in the pres-season testing here so this should tell us alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

3 - well below average, pretty much a waste of 90 mins.

Advertisement