Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signet 200 replacement issue

Options
  • 25-04-2019 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a signet 200 panel that got damaged by lightening storm recently. i have been able to locate a replacement signet 100 panel and keypad. The panel is Reset to default. I am unable to login to the panel via USB using SPC Pro. is there a specific password on default or where am i going wrong.

many thanks in advance.

I read in some posts that Vanderbilt no longer support Europlex, where can i get a link to upgrade my panel to the latest firmware.??

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi the default password for Signet Pro is europlex.
    A Signet 100 is not upgradeable to SPC firmware. You would be much better getting an SPC4320 PCB. This would give you access to the latest firmware and apps from spc. If you have Europlex wireless you can optain a licence key free from Vanderbilt to use these devices.
    Here is their site for support, manuals and firmware.
    https://www.spcsupportinfo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mick40

Thanks KoolKid for your info.

i will contact Vanderbilt.

regards,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome.
    If you need anything else come back to me.

Hi Koolkid,

I have finally got around to working on my Alarm.
    The lightning has damaged an awful lot.
    Replaced original mainboard with Signet 200, wireless card,( modem card) new card is sim, software V1.4. Replaced keypad also.

Need to purchase an 8/2 I/0 expander card.
    I see the new cards are addressable by rotary switches, will this work with my current system? Are they still auto addressing?

I'm having trouble with 2 wireless devices.
    Door contact connection established, status ok, reads open / closed. Yet fails to fullset when I activate this device. It is setup as a normally closed device.
    Any tips?

is this the latest version software for this panel

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Hi

The expander card should work fine. They can be addressed auto or manually.
    Is the panel an IP panel ? If so it can be upgraded to the latest versions. If not Version 1.4b is the last version available.

I'm not sure what errors you are getting on the devices?
    Are they testing OK using zone monitor?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi

The expander card should work fine. They can be addressed auto or manually.
    Is the panel an IP panel ? If so it can be upgraded to the latest versions. If not Version 1.4b is the last version available.

Hi Koolkid,
    Thanks for your reply.

Are they testing OK using zone monitor?

Are they testing OK using zone monitor?[/quote]

Hi, it has an IP Address in the Configuration files, but there is no Ethernet port on the board,

Yes when i'm in zone summary, all appears ok.

Thanks again for your reply

Hi

If it's an IP panel then you can upgrade all the way to SPC 391.This would allow you to use Spc Connect web access and apps.
    Can you explain a bit more about the problems you are having with the zones.?

Hi

If it's an IP panel then you can upgrade all the way to SPC 391.This would allow you to use Spc Connect web access and apps.
    Can you explain a bit more about the problems you are having with the zones.?

Hi koolkid, see images attached

The only fault I see there is cabinet tamper. This is the panel lid.

The only fault I see there is cabinet tamper. This is the panel lid.

Hi yes, I am working on that, it appears to be working ok this morning, perhaps a battery issue.

See image of the main board, can I connect to Ethernet?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ell199

Hi Koolkid,

I have a signet200 alarm panel. I would like to update the firmware, so that I can use the visonic or siemens spc range of PIR's and detectors . I am on version 1.1b. Can you give me a link to the firmware please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Advertisement