Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now ye're talking - to a survivor of child sexual abuse

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sorry for your trouble, OP.

Did you ever consider going public? A friend is considering going to the press with details of historic sexual abuse, partly as a way to help bring closure to a legal case against the organisation concerned. I'd love to see him getting justice, but I'm concerned about how going public might affect his mental health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sorry for your trouble, OP.

Did you ever consider going public? A friend is considering going to the press with details of historic sexual abuse, partly as a way to help bring closure to a legal case against the organisation concerned. I'd love to see him getting justice, but I'm concerned about how going public might affect his mental health.

Going to interject and suggest, unless there is a newsworthy element to either of your stories ie either the abused or abuser is a public figure, then you would probably be wasting your time and feel even more rejected. It is estimated that one in four children have suffered sexual abuse, the press unfortunately will not be interested.

The police were involved in the case when I was 6 but he was never convicted, he has since died. Regarding the case of when I was 10-13 I have recently had a strength to go make a statement so I'm not to sure what will happen there yet.

did you or your mother not report her partner for abusing you, at the time you told her?
    to either social workers or Gardai ?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks so much to our volunteer for taking the time to answer questions about what must be a very difficult and private subject.

I'll close this one up now. Thanks for the questions too guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement