Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

play therapy

Options
  • 27-01-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm a nurse looking to undertake a masters in play therapy, the only courses I can find are the ones in all Hallows and ctc, has anyone done the one in all Hallows and if so how long did it take and how much all together? The website is very confusing !! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

sharm33 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a nurse looking to undertake a masters in play therapy, the only courses I can find are the ones in all Hallows and ctc, has anyone done the one in all Hallows and if so how long did it take and how much all together? The website is very confusing !! Thanks

Is it the one with APAC you are looking up in All Hallows?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sharm33

ElleEm wrote: »
    Is it the one with APAC you are looking up in All Hallows?

Yes that's the one I emailed to ask regarding applying for the masters and they said you have to do the cert and diploma first then the masters and now I don't know is it two Years for the whole thing and also do you pay individually for each course as they all appear to be €3800!!! Surely it can't be that much for each module!!!! 😨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I will PM you later!

ElleEm wrote: »
    I will PM you later!

Thanks, any information is really appreciated!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hayleyrice2012

Hi, i am wondering which course to do too. Did you get any info?

• Advertisement

Hi, i am wondering which course to do too. Did you get any info?

Hi,

Ye I did a lot of research and found a lot of people said the course on all Hallows you are quite unsupported. I also heard that because other courses are just play therapy masters of you had a child refered with more indebt psychological problems you may not be suitable as a therapist and may need to refer them on to another therapist. I am starting the masters in the children's therapy centre in mullingar next week....so excited!!! I will let you know how I get on!!

Hi Sharm,
    Thanks for the info! I applied to Children's Therapy Centre and literally just secured a place about an hour ago! The course was full but someone cancelled! I am thrilled and so excited! Starting Thursday!

Hi Sharm,
    Thanks for the info! I applied to Children's Therapy Centre and literally just secured a place about an hour ago! The course was full but someone cancelled! I am thrilled and so excited! Starting Thursday!

Ha great, congratulations!!! Shall see you there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Redo22

What is the difference between the children's play centre courses in Westmeath and the ones in NUIG and All Hallows'? I would have assumed the ones in NUIG and All Hallows' would be a safer bet for accreditation or is it the other way around? Very hard to find impartial information on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lcats

Hi there,

Can I ask you both some queries re the play therapy course please?
    I'm a teacher considering doing a post graduate dip in play therapy and wonder could you give me any feedback on the course you did?

What are the job prospects like? are you in employment after doing the course and do you feel it has benefitted you in gaining employment?
    I'd really really appreciate some advice.

• Advertisement

Hi there,
    I am a primary teacher and have just finished the two year course. I have just got my results and already started working in play therapy. I have full time employment and am over the moon. I think location makes a difference however as some of my peers haven't been so lucky with work as they live in cities where there is some competition. However, there is loads of families in need out there and plenty of opportunity. It a very challenging course but hugely worth it. I would recommend the course at CTC.

Hi there,
    I am a primary teacher and have just finished the two year course. I have just got my results and already started working in play therapy. I have full time employment and am over the moon. I think location makes a difference however as some of my peers haven't been so lucky with work as they live in cities where there is some competition. However, there is plenty of opportunity. It a very challenging course but hugely worth it. I would recommend the course at CTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sreolin

Hello
    I am intersted in the play therapy course - I would love to hear how you got in and how have you found getting work from it etc?

Thanks

sreolin wrote: »
    Hello
    I am intersted in the play therapy course - I would love to hear how you got in and how have you found getting work from it etc?

Thanks

Hi I went on to do the masters and loved it. Been working full time the last 2 years. Have waiting lists. Would highly recommend CTC
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Hi I went on to do the masters and loved it. Been working full time the last 2 years. Have waiting lists. Would highly recommend CTC
    Best of luck!

Hi,

I am interested in doing a Masters in Play Therapy. I am also a Primary School Teacher and was wondering would you mind answering some questions by pm.

Thanks, Sue

Advertisement