Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finnish Rock & Metal Appreciation

Options
  • 03-04-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

If Karl Hungus can have a Japanese bands thread I think it's only fair that I start up one for Finland :pac:

What do Nightwish, Apocalyptica, Children of Bodom, Indica, Lordi, Tarot, Finntroll, HIM, Teräsbetoni, Stratovarius, 69 Eyes, Amorphis, For Selena And Sin, Northern Kings, Villieläin, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Nattvindens Gråt, For My Pain, Darkwoods My Betrothed, Waltari, Ensiferum, Sethian, Sinergy, Amberian Dawn, Entwine, Norther, Battlelore, Profane Omen, Charon, Sentenced and Malpractice have in common (apart from the fact that they rock)?
    They're all Finnish!

I would love to know how a country of similar population to Ireland has managed to produce so many fantastic bands.

Note I left out The Rasmus from the above list as I don't particularly like them but they probably deserve a mention :).

Some videos of the less well known bands on the list:

Let's hear it for Finnish Rock & Metal...

Comments

Advertisement