Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nocturnal Comics

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone mentioned Scott Pilgrim yet?

Can't believe I forgot it in my first post as it's possibly the most awesome comic ever.

scott_pilgrim_s_precious_little_life.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,859 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Picked this up today.

Northlanders_1.jpg
    From amazon.co.uk

At the end of the grim and barbaric dark ages, one warrior culture reigns supreme in the wastelands of the frozen North: the Vikings.When Sven of Orkney - now relocated to the sophisticated city of Constantinople - learns of his father's death, he returns to his home in the hope of inheriting a fortune. But what he discovers is treachery; his father murdered by his uncle Gorm, who has stolen Sven's birthright. But is Sven still Viking enough to reclaim what is his by right? And will he be tough enough to face down not only Gorm, but marauding Saxons?The all-new series by Brian Wood ("DMZ, Demo") and Davide Gianfelice ("Dylan Dog") is a bloody tale of murder, sex and war to bring out everyone's inner Norseman!

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 spencerzc

I've recently became obsessed with the work of Jaime Hernandez and the stories of Hopey, Maggie and Ray. The graphs are packed full of beautiful balance emotion and character. Jaime's stories are so believable that it makes it so easy to relate to the characters and I think everybody has lived at least one, if not more, of Jaime's stories.

maggie1.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I got Batman RIP and didn't really like it. The storytelling is too incoherent at times. Next up Batman A Death In The Family, just reading the quotes on the back gives me confidence it will be a great read! :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 spencerzc

yeah I can see a lot of talent and potential in grant morrisons comics but when I have to do an overall crit of his work, he comes out lower than expected.

like 'batman r.i.p' and 'the filth'......two pieces from morrison.....some great bits in them, but when put all together they lack some something essential.......i'd read them again to find out whats missing but.......meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

5FqHu.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dark Avengers is ok so far. It's not got the punch of Civil War, despite having "Dark" in the title.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

www.freakangels.com

Started reading this on the recommendation of a Boardsie last night, read the whole thing so far. One of those comics where despite super powers etc. The best bits are where they're just satanding round narking at each other.

Oh and the character KK is a steampunk goth so that qualifies them for this thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Has anyone read this series?. Top Notch IMO and also a very apt theme for Nocturnal.:D

51bcUgj2VhL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    When a medieval scroll disappears from a Paris church, Doctor Julien Sauniere investigates, uncovering a series of horrific ritual murders and an ancient secret society. Julien cannot let these shadowy figures retreat into the darkness, lest they take up their killing once again. His investigation turns into a one-man quest into the bizarre secrets of the Catholic Church.

• Advertisement
Advertisement