Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

WWE should sign her up. She's got a unique look, built like a female Rhyno. That's meant in the most complimentary way! She's jacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

And apparently Scarlett Bordeaux has requested her release too

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    WWE should sign her up. She's got a unique look, built like a female Rhyno. That's meant in the most complimentary way! She's jacked.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »

Anyone being released or wanting to be released from their contracts with X company will probably now be weighing up their options knowing the professional wrestling landscape is changing and that WWE isn't the be all, and end all it once was.

Like Bob Dylan said and titled his 3rd album, the times they are a-changin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Scarlett should take care with her next move. Wasn't so long ago they fed her to the botchmaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Has she been in your dungeon for long?

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Impact being Impact, they never signed Progress Women's Champion, Jordynne Grace to a deal, but she's been a free agent there the whole time.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-jordynne-grace-never-signed-impact-wrestling-company-scrambling-sign-her

She's officially signed with them now.

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1130220783551287299

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Scarlett should take care with her next move. Wasn't so long ago they fed her to the botchmaster

Her boyfriend (Killer Kross) asked for his release recently. Like a few there he has more suitors now than when he last signed a contract.
    Above any company Impact can't afford to lose the names they have. She is quite popular for them online for obvious (men stop scrolling when they see her) reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,337 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ashley Massaro appears to have died from suicide. That's utterly tragic if true.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ashley Massaro appears to have died from suicide. That's utterly tragic if true.

Some more details are coming to surface.

Specifically this Twitter link and thread which contains a link to Massaro's affidavit when she sued WWE.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrosnahan/status/1129794890492198912

Might warrant a thread of it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Some more details are coming to surface.

Specifically this Twitter link and thread which contains a link to Massaro's affidavit when she sued WWE.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrosnahan/status/1129794890492198912

Might warrant a thread of it's own.

Sweet Jesus.. I don’t know what to say to that.. another example in be long list of Vince and the company being rotten to the core..

• Advertisement

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus.. I don’t know what to say to that.. another example in be long list of Vince and the company being rotten to the core..

It's a shocking read to be honest. This is one rotten example from reading the affidavit.
    Vince did at least apologize for what I went through, but then stressed that if I disclosed this incident it would ruin the relationship between the WWE and the US Military.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Every day I've less and less an interest in this horrible company , how Vince has avoided any sort of comeuppance for all the shady stuff this company has done or has gone through I'll never know but that story is some pretty damning and grim reading , Poor girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,337 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus h Christ that affidavit she gave is hard to read. If that had happened in today’s climate they wouldn’t have hushed it up. Also **** wwe and the us military’s connection. It’s the same with the NFL and the US military and that faux patriotism that’s become more prevalent in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Hopefully this will get out in the public now and got more media attention. WWE won't be able to avoid backlash from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

TimesArrow wrote: »

I'm genuinely thinking of writing a book at this stage. Long, shady history with this company. Its really turning me off the whole thing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's absolutely disgraceful. Hopefully Vince finally gets dragged into the open about this. What a scumbag. It's also another death knell in my interest in pro wrestling tbh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sadly its not just pro wrestling with these stories especially if the military are involved horrific stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

A horrible read. Although, it would be interesting to see if Maria and others would corroborate the story. Right now, all we have is the word of a dead woman. And she later reached out to WWE to apologise. I wouldn't be so quick to call out WWE on this just yet.

sirmanga wrote: »
    A horrible read. Although, it would be interesting to see if Maria and others would corroborate the story. Right now, all we have is the word of a dead woman. And she later reached out to WWE to apologise. I wouldn't be so quick to call out WWE on this just yet.

This should absolutely be called out, if it were any other company it'd be called out, why should the WWE be excluded and when you've the owner actively encouraging her not to report the what happened to her cause military & patriotism, to hell with it.

Maybe she apologized out of regret for being dragged into said lawsuit. Also if you believe this, WWE only found out about the affidavit after she had passed. Which I find very difficult to believe.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/05/17/ashley-massaro-apologized-to-wwe-prior-to-her-death/

This should absolutely be called out, if it were any other company it'd be called out, why should the WWE be excluded and when you've the owner actively encouraging her not to report the what happened to her cause military & patriotism, to hell with it.

Maybe she apologized out of regret for being dragged into said lawsuit. Also if you believe this, WWE only found out about the affidavit after she had passed. Which I find very difficult to believe.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/05/17/ashley-massaro-apologized-to-wwe-prior-to-her-death/

What I mean is, if it turns out the story is indeed true, WWE should be called out, but not until then.

Right now, all we have is the affidavit from a dead women. And it relates to a court case that WWE won.

It's dangerous to simply take a story at face value, even as horrific as Ashley's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It should absolutely be called out and hopefully the same scrutiny is put on the WWE that smaller companies faced over similar issues.

Then again Vince and co have previous, even in just recent memory, of brass necking their way through controversy when it suits them. Jimmy Snuka and the Saudi shows just two examples of same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Why are people arguing with the guy who says "it should be called out IF TRUE"? Are people actually arguing "I don't care if it's true, I don't like WWE anyway so I'm willing to accept it at face value..." Would you hold a company or person you like to the same kind of scrutiny? That's a horrible attitude to have tbh: "I don't like you for my own reasons therefore I'm willing to accept anything anyone says about you to validate that, no matter how horrific that is, I don't need proof."

This was in court. It's the word of someone who reportedly had serious addiction issues. Addicts are known for having a difficult relationship with the truth. She names witnesses, some of whom aren't involved with WWE now, who can come out and confirm it. WWE won that court case and she sent an apology to them afterwards. So it's gone through the courts and WWE's innocence has been proven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

This was exactly what I was going to write but wasnt interested in taking the barrage of abuse that would go with it.

Everyone should find court documents, timelines and interviews of the people involved before jumping to conclusions. I understand that it would be the only excercise alot of you get, but maybe searching for truth instead of jumping on the first thing might be a good idea.

leggo wrote: »
    Why are people arguing with the guy who says "it should be called out IF TRUE"? Are people actually arguing "I don't care if it's true, I don't like WWE anyway so I'm willing to accept it at face value..." Would you hold a company or person you like to the same kind of scrutiny? That's a horrible attitude to have tbh: "I don't like you for my own reasons therefore I'm willing to accept anything anyone says about you to validate that, no matter how horrific that is, I don't need proof."

This was in court. It's the word of someone who reportedly had serious addiction issues. Addicts are known for having a difficult relationship with the truth. She names witnesses, some of whom aren't involved with WWE now, who can come out and confirm it. WWE won that court case and she sent an apology to them afterwards. So it's gone through the courts and WWE's innocence has been proven.

leggo wrote: »

Exactly. There is a lot to criticise WWE for, such as grabbing money from the blood soaked hands of the Saudis.
    But an unverified story of a brutal assault from over a decade ago, that has no supporting evidence, and an affidavit from a now deceased woman who later apologised to the company she was suing? No, you simply can't use this as another example of WWE's callousness. Unless more evidence comes to light, this is nothing more than an allegation without evidence.

May have been a bit hasty in jumping with what I posted, emotionally jumped the gun after what I read in the affidavit yesterday.

It's funny that weareallmarks said this
    Everyone should find court documents, timelines and interviews of the people involved before jumping to conclusions, but maybe searching for truth instead of jumping on the first thing might be a good idea.

That could be flipped around on those who continue to believe the bull**** peddled about Michael Jackson. Yet somehow people still continue to buy into the inconsistent narrative peddled against him.

But that's off-topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

re jacko (off topic) there are court docs that have been sealed after he paid off alleged victims. over 200 mil paid to families. Very different, docs are SEALED in those cases!

In the Massaro case, all is easily accessible but people are deeeeelighted to hop off 1 story and not investigate.
    But at the end of the day, the poor woman felt the best option was to take her own life. Very sad
    May have been a bit hasty in jumping with what I posted, emotionally jumped the gun after what I read in the affidavit yesterday.

It's funny that weareallmarks said this

That could be flipped around on those who continue to believe the bull**** peddled about Michael Jackson. Yet somehow people still continue to buy into the inconsistent narrative peddled against him.

But that's off-topic.

AJ Styles has signed his last contract with WWE, which he revealed in an interview with Newsweek.
    I can tell you that this contract that I’ve signed is my last. This is the perfect place for me to be. It’s family-oriented, I have no problem taking my family to the shows. It’s a PG product, which I enjoy. I’m in the best place I can be for my career.

https://www.newsweek.com/aj-styles-wwe-interview-contract-monday-night-raw-1431939

AJ Styles has signed his last contract with WWE, which he revealed in an interview with Newsweek.

https://www.newsweek.com/aj-styles-wwe-interview-contract-monday-night-raw-1431939

crazy 3 or 4 years ago no one thought Aj would ever be in wwe no hes of the biggest stars and a lifer

this is great thing set up by lillian garcia never relised ashley had a daughter that age

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1131202294278688768?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Riddle101

sky88 wrote: »
    this is great thing set up by lillian garcia never relised ashley had a daughter that age

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1131202294278688768?s=20

Fair play to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement