Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What a shi1te hawk, have you looked through that sellers sold items?

The sheer amount of horrific cabs! People really will buy absolute crap.

o1s1n wrote: »
    What a shi1te hawk, have you looked through that sellers sold items?

The sheer amount of horrific cabs! People really will buy absolute crap.

Thanks for the laugh o1s1n I actually can’t believe someone bought this..

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-machine/17623416

That’s completely hideous in every way possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

https://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/amiga-1200-boxed-mint/18246594

Amiga 1200 for €400. No, I don't think they are worth this sort of money despite what people think. I sold one a few years ago in mint condition, all boxed up for €130... I have since bought another immaculate one for €150 on ebay late last year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mondeo wrote: »
    https://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/amiga-1200-boxed-mint/18246594

Amiga 1200 for €400. No, I don't think they are worth this sort of money despite what people think. I sold one a few years ago in mint condition, all boxed up for €130... I have since bought another immaculate one for €150 on ebay late last year.

I don't know, it's boxed and all.
    Plus, Nigel Mansell is on said box...
    I would have thought an unboxed example would be in the 150-200 range, and the box would make it more likely to be 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't know, it's boxed and all.
    Plus, Nigel Mansell is on said box...
    I would have thought an unboxed example would be in the 150-200 range, and the box would make it more likely to be 300.

Few years back these things could be picked up for €70 or €80 in decent condition. Think it's mad they go for so much now. Are people buying them at these prices ? I actually use my 1200, it's not all wrapped up at the bottom of a temperature controlled wardrobe. I use mine in a very productive way, I do a lot of word processing on mine and I print out stuff on a centronics printer. It's great for this. I use paint Deluxe 3 a lot to and designed a conservatory which I had built at the back of my house with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Down to 480 now :)

But.....but......but they are only trying to make a few quid! :P.

Hate resellers. A few smooching around here too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

mondeo wrote:
    Few years back these things could be picked up for €70 or €80 in decent condition. Think it's mad they go for so much now. Are people buying them at these prices ? I actually use my 1200, it's not all wrapped up at the bottom of a temperature controlled wardrobe. I use mine in a very productive way, I do a lot of word processing on mine and I print out stuff on a centronics printer. It's great for this. I use paint Deluxe 3 a lot to and designed a conservatory which I had built at the back of my house with it.

Mine are in the attic.

I think I paid 150 for a boxed one and 25 for an unboxed one from a traveller who followed me around asking how much it was really worth, I offered it back to him.

How you use yours is interesting. Did I read that you sold one and bought another later on. I'd never use an old PC for design when the packages are so much better now with all sorts of 3D options for design software for free.

I like the nostalgic aspect to old machines recreating moments and playing classic games that have an artistic element to them.

But I'd have no interest using work or commercial software.

One of my amigas was being used as a fire alarm panel. I wonder if its original owner ever reads my posts about it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Corholio wrote: »
    But.....but......but they are only trying to make a few quid! :P.

Hate resellers. A few smooching around here too.

There is nothing wrong with reselling something on, it's how the retro market survives.

Plus it's a good way to build up your own collection if you don't have pots of spare cash to spend.

If someone is trying to sell something for way above market value then they deserve ridicule but thy get their own punishment because no one buys anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Down to 480 now :)

he'll have a hard time selling at all. It hadn't been moving at all for ages at 150. A silly buy if he wanted to flip it .
    These are big pieces, there's very few people with the space required for this and it's not a game on top of most want lists

Master of the Universe

There is nothing wrong with reselling something on, it's how the retro market survives.

Plus it's a good way to build up your own collection if you don't have pots of spare cash to spend.

If someone is trying to sell something for way above market value then they deserve ridicule but thy get their own punishment because no one buys anyway.

'reseller' in this case is someone who flips something they got for a deal.

For example if I try to be nice and put something up here for half its actual value and the person then puts it up on eBay to make a profit.

Sure, it's theirs to do, but it's a dick move and ruins the spirit of a community like this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

o1s1n wrote: »
    'reseller' in this case is someone who flips something they got for a deal.

For example if I try to be nice and put something up here for half its actual value and the person then puts it up on eBay to make a profit.

Sure, it's theirs to do, but it's a dick move and ruins the spirit of a community like this one.

Ok, fair enough, I stand corrected then :) That is a dick move, I misunderstood.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

o1s1n wrote:

If you were a truly genuinely nice person , you would send a few PMs before doing that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Had to post this.
    Quite breath-taking tbh.
    Here's the link....
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nintendo-Game-Boy-Micro-Face-Plate-Famicom-Ii-Con-Ver-Rare-JAPAN-NEW/113947789254?hash=item1a87d147c6:g:zAIAAOSwq4VbRMG1

Now, at first glance you'd be thinking... a r@re Gameboy Micro in the Famicom controller theme, but with the II controller graphic... very nice, and the near €300 price being asked, while high, might seem almost justified.

However.... this is the faceplate only.

So, for your 300 notes you are gaining, a faceplate.

Jaysus....

Master of the Universe

Not tempted no? :pac:

That's insane alright. I think that was an exclusive from the Nintendo online store for a short period of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

He's just thinking outside the box. It's really a way of finance. Next year you can buy the back and the year after the internals so you're not paying all at once :D

The far more interesting thing is that Nintendo, in their Chinese guise iQue, released an actual Gameboy Micro with the Famicom styling and this "player II" faceplate.
    I know, because I bought one.... Then sold it.... To Dinorex!
    But it was a lovely thing, and the mix of nice faceplate and branding made it even more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

In fairness, you get an EU adapter, so you'll only have to buy a EU->UK adapter, as opposed to a US->UK one
    "EU plug adapter included."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I find your lack of faith disturbing

bought 5 months ago for 150 ... the pcb ended up being "road fighter" ( which I bought ) and cab now being flipped for 600 . what a surprise.

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/taito-cocktail-machine/19581782

BGOllie wrote: »
    bought 5 months ago for 150 ... the pcb ended up being "road fighter" ( which I bought ) and cab now being flipped for 600 . what a surprise.

Yea but it's all working,
    Except the monitor.
    And the pcb..........
    That's the lad that claimed he can fix anything to do with arcades except monitors!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

BGOllie wrote: »

I noticed the famous Red cab”original Tetris” was withdrawn again today too.
    Crops up every few months usually changing in value a few hundred each time

now "sold" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I got the reply in one of my emails today....I'd say I few people here saw it too. It's hilarious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

• Advertisement

Fair bit off the mark for sure.
    Also I have my doubts if they are actual pictures of the machine.
    There is an overpriced Dr.WHo on adverts too.
    Both good games in fairness.

Advertisement