Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My iron sights are shooting low.

Options
  • 07-10-2018 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello everybody.
    Shooting over iron sights my Finnish M39 is hitting WAY low.
    Trying it out at the range yesterday I found that at 100 yards I had the rear sight set to 475 yards and centered the base of the front sight, where it flares out wide, on the shard of clay I hit it dead on.
    Not exactly perfect but at least the windage was good.
    So can anybody advise me how to rectify this situation, or point me in the direction of someone who could sort it out for me.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Richard308

Did you try YouTube search m39. The front sight has to be adjusted and lowered.
    jimclots wrote: »
    Hello everybody.
    Shooting over iron sights my Finnish M39 is hitting WAY low.
    Trying it out at the range yesterday I found that at 100 yards I had the rear sight set to 475 yards and centered the base of the front sight, where it flares out wide, on the shard of clay I hit it dead on.
    Not exactly perfect but at least the windage was good.
    So can anybody advise me how to rectify this situation, or point me in the direction of someone who could sort it out for me.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Richard308

Did u get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

I've had experience of the gun shooting high - rectified by altering the sight picture somewhat. But I've not encountered one shooting low like that....especially a Finnish-built M-N. They are generally far superior to the Russian-built version.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭delboythedub

Give Robert in sportsman a phone call as he did a great job on my pistol which had to get a part machined. It good to have a gun Smith in Dublin / Ireland that will even look at a pistol for you. Recomended

Advertisement