Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chest Wader Repair

Options
  • 11-11-2019 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Can anyone recommend someone in Leinster or Ireland that would do a repair of a pair of stockingfoot chest waders? Tried myself but still have some water getting in around the seem on the knee.
    I know Diver Dave in Scotland but is there anyone in local tackle shop that might offer this service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

I don’t know anyone but I would wonder if it’s worth it? Getting them professionally done I mean. If one Seam is going it’s likely others aren’t far behind.

When i have a pair going that way I normally just get a tube of aquaseal and patch them as best I can. Maybe get another year out of them. Once the thread on the seams starts to fail they are often on borrowed time. If it’s damage then it’s worth a try but if it’s seams going rotten over time it’s nearly impossible in my experience.

Advertisement