Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Grand Slam of Darts - 9th - 17th Nov

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Wright playing fantastic at the moment after slow start

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

chizzy led 8-6 and loses the next 7 on the trot , and 10 of the last 14

Proving everything I ever said about him being a choker.
    Was proven right about White being a choker as well

but i am sure someone will be along to cry how I am negative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

chizzy led 8-6 and loses the next 7 on the trot , and 10 of the last 14

Proving everything I ever said about him being a choker.
    Was proven right about White being a choker as well

but i am sure someone will be along to cry how I am negative

Who's likely to meet who in semis ?.

bassy wrote: »
    Who's likely to meet who in semis ?.

Wright plays winner of Smith and durrant

MVG who should hammer lewis will play Price or Ando....which should be price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Did Wright just say that Chizzy is playing the best darts in the world right now!! Jesus!

TbL

• Advertisement

Did Wright just say that Chizzy is playing the best darts in the world right now!! Jesus!

TbL

Yes, but then corrected himself and said Michael

Yes, but then corrected himself and said Michael

Thanks.

You sure? I heard the correction but I thought that was in reference to his next point?

TbL

Wright plays winner of Smith and durrant

MVG who should hammer lewis will play Price or Ando....which should be price

agree.

but would love to see blubberboy lose :D

Unforgivable there by Durrant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That could cost Duzza. He had a shot at the bull there but miscounted.

He's being outscored at the moment but only just. Hopefully we're in for a long night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

check you messages

Thanks appreciate it very much:)

if smith gets a big gap in score then durrant is surely a goner in maybe a big scoreline defeat.duzza gotta keep it close cause then smith will bottle it :D

smith could be 8-2 here were it not for missed doubles.

In my opinion Smith is a far superior player to the over rated durrant, results against each other prove that, but smith is a bottler when it comes to crucial moments in big events, hence why he has never won a major title in his entire career.

Durrant whilst nowhere near the player smith is, does have more resilience and will scrap

oh ye baby come on duzza

said it countless times.

Chizzy , White and Smith are all choking bottlers.
    This comp shows again everything I ever said about these players folding when the pressure is on.

White proved yesterday, chizzy proved it earlier, and smith looks like he is proving it

lovely stuff from duzza,bullyboy will blubber if he goes to far behind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Duzza was simply the better player in that session. Serious finishing. Brilliant stuff.

Smith is too erratic, too many poor darts.

said it countless times.

Chizzy , White and Smith are all choking bottlers.
    This comp shows again everything I ever said about these players folding when the pressure is on.

White proved yesterday, chizzy proved it earlier, and smith looks like he is proving it

Yeah sure it's probably the easiest sport to identify the bottlers!

durrant hits a 174 and puts pressure on bellyboy and he proceeds to sh1t himself as usual.

This is the pdc #3.....proof of all that is wrong with the rankings

durrant hits a 174 and puts pressure on bellyboy and he proceeds to sh1t himself as usual.

This is the pdc #3.....proof of all that is wrong with the rankings

mardle says hes gotta win a major got to :D:D

• Advertisement

mardle says hes gotta win a major got to :D:D

mardle said it was only a matter of time before White wins a major...the same white that cannot win a quarter final let alone a semi or a final.

Thinks Chizzy will win a major

and the same of Smith.

Mardle thinks the viewers are absolute idiots and cannot spot a bottling choker when they see them.

The only way any of them ever wins a final is unless the final consists of 2 of them and even then it will be who chokes the least.
    Hope Durrant smashes him now

hon duzza baby

bye bye blubberboy yet againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

bye bye blubberboy yet againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

he looks like an obese child who is about to cry after hearing the only McDonalds in the town was closing down :D

he looks like an obese child who is about to cry after hearing the only McDonalds in the town was closing down :D

lol

Great stuff from Duzza. Delighted. He deserved to win, was the better player.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Great stuff from Duzza. Delighted. He deserved to win, was the better player.

and you know he can beat snakebite if he brings hes pure grit game he can.

dont worry folks, I am 100% sure Mardle Dawson or Nicholson will be along in the next comp of the Players Champs final to tell us how Smith is a future World champion,
    How White will surely win a major
    or how this could the comp Chizzy wins a major.....before all 3 choke and leave with a whimper.
    The sickening part is all 3 of these players that never won a single thing of note in their entire career are in the top 10 and will be forced down out throat in the PL.

Some people dont like Wade, Price or Gurney, but along with MVG, Cross and Ando they are proven winners....something Smith Chizzy and White will never be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shockframe

Smith has a good throwng action but is very hard to warm to.

Great performance from Duzza. Thoroughly deserved to win that.

• Advertisement

Durrant very consistent and solid.

He’s hard to beat and on his day can beat anyone.

TbL

durrant mentioned Wade in his interview which is not a bad comparison, as Wade is a player who is always composed, and looking at wade you could not tell if he was 5-0 up or 5-0 down...Durrant is similar,

Both dont hit the extreme high averages, but are consistent, and great at checkouts and dont roll over like the 3 stooges of chizzy, white and smith

Its getting to the stage where the real top guys will be seeing draws against white, chizzy and smith, as a bye :D

looking like a Wright v MVG final

Think Wright will beat Durrant in their semi

Expect MVG to beat Lewis, and Price to Beat Ando, with MVG to make it 18 wins on the spin against Price in the semi.

Then MVG to own Wright yet again in the final.
    I hope I am wrong, and MVG does not win and is not in the final .

looking like a Wright v MVG final

Think Wright will beat Durrant in their semi

Expect MVG to beat Lewis, and Price to Beat Ando, with MVG to make it 18 wins on the spin against Price in the semi.

Then MVG to own Wright yet again in the final.
    I hope I am wrong, and MVG does not win and is not in the final .

I think that will probably be the way it goes, chance Anderson might have a bit of bite left to beat Price though. Had Wright win and Durrant +1.5 legs in a bet that still has Anderson +1.5 and Lewis +6.5 left tomorrow night, I’d be more worried about Lewis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

As much as id love to see anderson win i think itl be 16 10 or 16 8 to price sadly

love to see ando beat price,but hard to see either beating mvg in semi.

mvg v duzza final,sticking my kneck on the line for duzza to get to final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

I dont think just cause you win a major it means your world class either.

Painter and nicolson both won majors
    While painter had solid carear , nicolson was a flash in the pan

Kirk sheppard nearly fluked a world championship ffs

sc86 wrote: »

difference is that if kirkie won the worlds that time he still would of been a flash in da pan,where as the likes of terry Jenkins was a world class player he deserved hes years at the top cause he was a top player despite losing 9 major finals and he lost to wade taylor mvg ?,big difference is class is permanent form is temporay in kirkies case :D

Form was even a push for Kirk, don’t think he even averaged 90 in any game in that year’s comp. Luck played a big part in many ways.

difference is that if kirkie won the worlds that time he still would of been a flash in da pan,where as the likes of terry Jenkins was a world class player he deserved hes years at the top cause he was a top player despite losing 9 major finals and he lost to wade taylor mvg ?,big difference is class is permanent form is temporay in kirkies case :D

What was Kirks form back then just wondering what his averages were.

nannerby wrote: »
    What was Kirks form back then just wondering what his averages were.

oh your to hard on me,but the averages back then apart from taylor were no where near todays averages.

• Advertisement

The lowest average thrown by the winner in a PDC final is 92.86. This was the average of John Part in his final against Kirk Shepherd, in 2008. The average of Kirk Shephard in this final is the lowest 3 dart average ever in a PDC World Championship final. His average was 85.10. The second and third lowest averages were thrown by Rod Harrington in 1995 (87.15), and by Phil Taylor in 1994 (90.62). This was the very first PDC final, where Phil Taylor was defeated by Dennis Priestley. Dennis Priestley averaged 94.38 in this final.

absurd average for a world finalist runner up and that's what kirkie was absurd...…………………..

oh your to hard on me,but the averages back then apart from taylor were no where near todays averages.

Sorry don't mean any crictism of anyone was just wondering if he was playing great or just got lucky if I remember right he got luck but I could be totally wrong.

And you answered before I asked the question :)ty

sc86 wrote: »

I know what I say next will upset a few on here and they will cry about negativity., but the players championships final is not a major.

It is a secondary tV title. Just like the European championships,
    Non ranking events are not majors either, if it was it would be ranking, so dont class the world Series, the Unibet Masters, The World Cup or the Premier Leagues as Majors, even if the PL has major money.

For me the true Majors are Ally Pally, The Matchplay, the Grand Prix and the UK open.
    Refuse to accept the Slam as a major whilst wildcards are given to utterly useless bdo p[layers who stink up the comp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Delighted for Duzza, Sky giving me the sh1ts about Smith. Now Smith is a grand fellow but there us something lacking there.

Delighted for Duzza, Sky giving me the sh1ts about Smith. Now Smith is a grand fellow but there us something lacking there.

blubberboy needs a deep kick up the anal,hes a nothing player up to this point,the can rave a world finalist runner up a premier lge runner up,all meaningless.

he would never beat mvg in a final unless he hit mvg with a 2 pound hammer.

nannerby wrote: »
    Sorry don't mean any crictism of anyone was just wondering if he was playing great or just got lucky if I remember right he got luck but I could be totally wrong.

And you answered before I asked the question :)ty

kirk was without doubt the jammiest player that year.

3 games he survived multiple match darts.
    He survived 7 match darts against Terry Jenkins who blew it,,,as usual

The most sickening was Mick McGowan who was in great form who missed 4 match darts against Kirk before losing.
    Peter Manley missed 2 match darts against him in the quarters

but u see even if mick McGowan had beat kirkie,mick still would,nt have made the final if you know what im saying.

but u see even if mick McGowan had beat kirkie,mick still would,nt have made the final if you know what im saying.

it was just one of those draws where the top seed in the section in jenkins went out early, and all the under dogs won so by the time they reached the last 8 and he beat manley, he met someone who had a similar run in their section.

It happens.

I can see an event someday when MVg will get caught out first round and we will eventually end up with a last 4 where every single player in the semis will be a complete choker like Ian white against Chizzy, and Joe Cullen against Michael Smith and the winner will be the players who chokes the least of the last 4.

it was just one of those draws where the top seed in the section in jenkins went out early, and all the under dogs won so by the time they reached the last 8 and he beat manley, he met someone who had a similar run in their section.

It happens.

I can see an event someday when MVg will get caught out first round and we will eventually end up with a last 4 where every single player in the semis will be a complete choker like Ian white against Chizzy, and Joe Cullen against Michael Smith and the winner will be the players who chokes the least of the last 4.

Oh ye once mvg goes early then it's a raffle and sky and mardle will make it out to be a resurangce in the game.mvg has the lot at he's hands he knows the all melt in front of him sad reflection really cause mvg aint no power....

• Advertisement
Advertisement