Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best quality photo books

• 13-12-2016 6:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello. I'm very much interested in creating a photobook vis-a-vis comic book themed compilation of my 4 year old son's pictures. I've tried searching and back reading some photobook experiences and found several threads mentioning photobox, snapfish and even aldi photo. In this regard, would anyone share or recommend their latest experience with a photo book service provider? Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

What aspects of the book are important to you?

Ease of compilation?
    Quality of paper?
    Accurate colour rendition?

I know that some books I have done the images have been altered from the original. That is because their main custom is people uploading snaps and they then apply batch edits to the images. My images are supplied ready to print and so they get double processed. This detracts from the quality in my eyes but hardly anyone else would see it. I did get one book reprinted as matching images on facing pages had completely different colours. I worked out that it was to do with their adjustments based on the red channel and a large block of red in one image upsetting that. If I want to get a book that suits my needs the cost would be a lot more expensive so I accept the output that they offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Aaron97b wrote: »
    Hello. I'm very much interested in creating a photobook vis-a-vis comic book themed compilation of my 4 year old son's pictures. I've tried searching and back reading some photobook experiences and found several threads mentioning photobox, snapfish and even aldi photo. In this regard, would anyone share or recommend their latest experience with a photo book service provider? Thank you for your help.

I have had 10 different photobooks printed by Aldi in the past 6 weeks, parties, christenings & even weddings. Quality is excellent and the price is reasonable.
    I suggest you make your first book with them and see how it goes. They won't break your bank.
    The quality is more than adequate and I know you will love the finished book.
    ....just do it.
    PS, I have had approx 40 photobooks printed by Aldi altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rhiannon89

I've put together a few photo books with empikfoto.com. Their editor is fairly intuitive and easy to use, plus they have a whole bunch of layouts to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Rhiannon89 wrote: »
    I've put together a few photo books with empikfoto.com. Their editor is fairly intuitive and easy to use, plus they have a whole bunch of layouts to choose from.

I’ve used Colourland 3/4 times (Groupon vouchers), all A4 size and not had a problem with them.

Advertisement