Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daikin Heat Pump Question

Options
  • 17-11-2019 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

We recently moved into our newly built house. UFH is provided via. Daikin air-to-water heat pump. Still acquainting ourselves with the new system. Up to last week I found that no matter what temp I set on the room thermostat, it was capped at 19 degrees. Plumber was over since and showed me the Offset setting on the Daikin heater itself. I raised the offset to +5. TBH it didn't really improve the heating: still struggled to get the room temp to 20 degrees. To get it up to 22 degrees I've had to increase the offset setting on the Daikin heater to +10, which is the max it will go (the screen says 'Desired Temp: 38 degrees" now). The heat is comfortable but I was wondering if it's normal to have to raise the offset to +10? I'd rather not have to be gunning the heater just to get the house to a reasonable temp.

As I said, bit of newb to all this. Gonna be talking to the plumber again in coming week - just like to know what to ask.

Advertisement