Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning expat insurance

Options
  • 17-11-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've just returned from living abroad for the best part of a decade.

Much of this time was spent outside of the EU, and I'm therefore returning with no 'No Claims Bonus' or relevant Name Driving experience since before I left Ireland (2009)

I got my license when I was 19, and have never had a single claim or penalty point, in Ireland or abroad, in the last 15 years. Any advice on the best insurance provider for returning expats? Most won't even quote me online, and the ones that do I'm currently looking at a minimum of €1,400 for a 2011 1.2l car!

Appreciate any advice or tips. Apparently putting a name driver on the insurance can lower it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Were you insured while abroad? I was outside the EU previously and was insured with AXA for 5+ years. Provided the Irish insurers a copy of my ncb cert from abroad and they gave me a 30% discount. This was back in 2007

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement