Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary school for girls in Cork

Options
  • 22-06-2020 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Thank you in advance for any advice.

I have an 11 year old daughter and I'm considering either Regina Mundi or St. Angela's for her next year (2021).
    I'm trying to decide where she'd be happiest (but I know this may be very difficult to advise on).
    I guess I'm asking about the environment of the school.
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The home environment and experience of education to date colours the school experience so much it's really hard to say. Children will do well and badly academically and socially in all schools.

The inspector's reports are linked to here:

Regina Mundi

St. Angela's

Personally, I would choose a mixed school with a wide intake of children of all abilities and backgrounds, but not everybody wants that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rubymom

Thank you for your reply.

'The home environment and experience....' makes perfect sense, and thanks for the links and feedback.

Advertisement