Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 litre Beer Keg

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Supercon85

I received mine yesterday too, had placed my order 24th of May. Placed another order last night. Wonder if he only ships once a month...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

Same as, received mine yesterday,
    What's everyone buying, I have been buying paulaner,tried 1 Cider it wasn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

reaper180 wrote: »
    What's everyone buying, I have been buying paulaner,tried 1 Cider it wasn't great

I bought a Pilsner from the Big Pack, section. Hopefully it's nice, I've never not enjoyed German Pilsner
    I'll prob go for the Paulaner next.
    I'm looking to buy one of the taps and having a stock of kegs handy:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Supercon85 wrote: »
    I received mine yesterday too, had placed my order 24th of May. Placed another order last night. Wonder if he only ships once a month...

Mine went green (shipped) yesterday, is with DHL Deutschland since 17.15 yesterday. Ordered Jun 4th.
    Who's dropping here? An Post?

Mine went green (shipped) yesterday, is with DHL Deutschland since 17.15 yesterday. Ordered Jun 4th.
    Who's dropping here? An Post?

Yeah, I got mine from An Post, large parcel van, not my usual postie

• Advertisement

The Mulk wrote: »
    Yeah, I got mine from An Post, large parcel van, not my usual postie
    My regular postman delivered it. Probably depends on location

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

or the strength of the postman...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Probably down to what transport the postman has; mine is on a cargo bike (so takes more parcels than normal, but maybe not 5KG ones); but there are areas where they're on normal bikes, on foot or in cars.

Yeah, my 'post-person' drives a van, but she's quite small and 4 of these kegs are quite heavy.
    I got a delivery of a large parcel from Amazon.De yesterday, sorted in Parkwest Sorting Office, but delivered by a lad in a tracksuit in a white Peugeot Partner, they must be drafting in people to keep the sorting office clear.

Back to beer talk,
    I noticed all the Veltins kegs were snapped up in my local Supervalu, but they had a couple of the White Hag left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Unhappyinjob

Still no luck with my kegs from Germany. I ordered on the 6th of June. Its still saying not payed or shipped.i emailed a bout it but got no reply. Should I be worried?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Still no luck with my kegs from Germany. I ordered on the 6th of June. Its still saying not payed or shipped.i emailed a bout it but got no reply. Should I be worried?

My order took over 3 weeks to go from in process to shipped... Once its shipped its here within a week or so

I would say with Covid maybe delivery's are being affected in Europe.

Its worth the long wait anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

Order just delivered by an post. Ordered on the 20th May.

25 lovely litres of Fruh arrived by an Post there, still in transit on the DHL Germany tracker! Ordered 4th June.

25 lovely litres of Fruh arrived by an Post there, still in transit on the DHL Germany tracker! Ordered 4th June.

Was it packaged in one box?

Supercon85 wrote: »
    Was it packaged in one box?

Yeah, cardboard box, probably not too structurally sound, but the fact it weighs so much means it's not horsed around. One keg with a small dent, all intact though.

Yeah, cardboard box, probably not too structurally sound, but the fact it weighs so much means it's not horsed around. One keg with a small dent, all intact though.

💪💪 fair weight so. I ordered 2 lots of 5 . Hopefully they don't arrive the same day 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eugers1

Ordered 8th June. Hopefully be here soon. I tried to check if shipped this morning but can't get into the site. Saying its unsafe. Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

eugers1 wrote: »
    Ordered 8th June. Hopefully be here soon. I tried to check if shipped this morning but can't get into the site. Saying its unsafe. Anyone else get this?

You can just go to advanced on the warning that comes up..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

I've been toying with getting a mate to send me a keg from the US (he owns a brewery), does anyone have any idea of the cheapest way to get it here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It won't be cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

eugers1 wrote: »

Any joy?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Unhappyinjob

I ordered on the 7th June not arrived yet. Atleast the pubs are open.

I got my second delivery just there, ordered on the 26/06, paid by paypal.
    A good bit quicker this time, dispatched on the 10/07.

reaper180 wrote: »

1st order:
    Paulaner x 3 - €33
    Rothaus Hefe x 2 - €24
    Bitburger x 2 - €20
    Delivery - €47

Total: €124 for 35 litres, or about €2.04 per pint
    Ordered 29th May and delivered 26th June

2nd order:

Flensburger Wheatbeer x 2 - €23,38
    Waldhaus Blackforest Wheat Beer x 2 - €24,16
    Gaffel Koelsch x 1 - 10,71 €
    Lausitzer Porter Dunkel x 2 - €25,32
    Weismainer 1798er Kellertrunk x 1 - €11,20
    Cider 5l keg "BEMBEL WITH CARE" x 1 - €13,64
    Weltenburger Barock Export Dunkel x 2 - €21.43
    Delivery - €67,70

Total: €197 for 55 litres, similar price per pint at €2.03

Ordered 10th July and all marked as shipped bar the cider.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Saw some beer kegs in Supervalu yesterday, pretty sure thy were 5Litre.
    It was too early in the morning ot be looking at beer though!

Gaspode wrote: »
    Saw some beer kegs in Supervalu yesterday, pretty sure thy were 5Litre.
    It was too early in the morning ot be looking at beer though!

In SV Celbridge they have a selection of Irish Craft Beer 5l kegs 35-38 Euro.
    They also have Warsteiner and Veltins for 25 euro.
    They seem to sell fairly fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

1st order:
    Paulaner x 3 - €33
    Rothaus Hefe x 2 - €24
    Bitburger x 2 - €20
    Delivery - €47

2nd order:

Delivery - €67,70

How do you dispense these, is there an internal tap or have you bought a unit ? Genuine interested question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

1st order:
    Paulaner x 3 - €33
    Rothaus Hefe x 2 - €24
    Bitburger x 2 - €20
    Delivery - €47

2nd order:

Delivery - €67,70

Also, are you using bier-wine.de??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is anyone here using the mini kegs with a tap and little co2 canister attached? If so does it go anyway to replicating draught beer in a pub or is the gas just a gimmick? A friend who bough a few mini kegs says its just the same as drinking out of a can so I was wondering if adding co2 makes any difference at all.

Im thinking of going back to homebrewing soon but want to get away from the hassle of filling bottles and disinfecting them. Which is why mini kegs are an attractive prospect, 5 of them would be enough for a 23 litre batch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is anyone here using the mini kegs with a tap and little co2 canister attached? If so does it go anyway to replicating draught beer in a pub or is the gas just a gimmick? A friend who bough a few mini kegs says its just the same as drinking out of a can so I was wondering if adding co2 makes any difference at all.

Im thinking of going back to homebrewing soon but want to get away from the hassle of filling bottles and disinfecting them. Which is why mini kegs are an attractive prospect, 5 of them would be enough for a 23 litre batch.

Got a few from rising sons over the last few weeks, was lovely with the gas!

Advertisement