Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bank holiday breakfast treat......

Black Pudding Potato Cakes with Freshly-laid Poached Eggs, Green Leaves and a Slice of Sourdough Bread

1-C893-F83-7-A92-4770-B0-AD-1-C78374-FFF5-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭54and56

BBC Food Shakshuka with cumin seeds.

IMG-20200613-121119.jpg

With Covid lockdown sourdough which I forgot to get a photo of :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Some sort of delicious bacon and wild boar salami hash with fried mushrooms, potatoes, caramelised onion, egg and cheese.
    517140.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

So far I can taste sausage, lettuce, tomato, avocado and cornechons in a Toasted Club Sandwich, served in bed. Delicious!!!!

Happy Fathers Day Daddy Boardsies! :)

C33-CFA8-B-E81-B-46-D9-BEA3-F2-C2-D3-AA32-D3.jpg[/url

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

WAFFLES

68-D90354-5-EB9-4-AFD-83-AE-A97930-FDCC3-A.jpg?dl=1

• Advertisement

Three soft boiled eggs using the "boiling water for 7 minutes" method accompanied by some homemade sourdough (lockdown baker) with butter and marmite.

PHveox.md.jpg

PHvG01.md.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Roald Dahl

Dunnes Stores now sell Waterford Blaas, I discovered this week.

We had some for breakfast today. All Irish veggie; Furnace Green black pudding, Kelly's white pudding, Denny's sausages and Chef sauce. Chives and raspberries from the garden.

Breakfast-Blaa.jpg

Flapjacks cooling in the background.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Hang on, did you say veggie black pudding? if so, where can i get it??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Tree wrote: »
    Hang on, did you say veggie black pudding? if so, where can i get it??

They have it in Aldi at the moment as part of the “Grow” range - supporting Irish produce. It’s very nice and they have white too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a few different brands, the Lancashire VPuds were probably the best a few year ago but I've not had reason to buy them since.

• Advertisement

This is something I came across on a recipe card years ago and which we make every once in a while.

It's roasted tomatoes, pan-fried asparagus, yogurt & mustard sauce and toasted Pecorino breadcrumbs.

Had it for breakfast today.

Tomato-and-Asparagus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 riponhassan

I don't know if you have ever tried any Indian breakfast. There is one spiced stuffed flatbread called Aloo paratha is a good option you can try. You need to mash or grate some boil potatoes and mix them with some spices and then stuff in a flour dough ball. Roll and roast till crisp golden on both sides with some butter or olive oil. You can have it with yoghurt, tomato sauce and some pickles. Though it is a heavy breakfast, you can try once. I am sure you would definitely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was looking forward to my usual much enjoyed smoked bacon roll with real butter and honey. Went to open the new pack of rashers to see that the shop sent me streaky when I usually have lovely lean back.

It was not good! Or rather I am not good with fat.

So no more bacon butties for two weeks? Or maybe I can cut at least a lot of the fat off?

I know, not a disaster by any manner of means! Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭con747

Graces7 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to my usual much enjoyed smoked bacon roll with real butter and honey. Went to open the new pack of rashers to see that the shop sent me streaky when I usually have lovely lean back.

It was not good! Or rather I am not good with fat.

So no more bacon butties for two weeks? Or maybe I can cut at least a lot of the fat off?

I know, not a disaster by any manner of means! Sorry!

Grill them or cook the way you normally do until crispy, I'm not a fan of the grizzle on rashers so just buy the medallions. I do occasionally make a streaky bacon sambo out of the ones I use when cooking a chicken or turkey though:)

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »
    Grill them or cook the way you normally do until crispy, I'm not a fan of the grizzle on rashers so just buy the medallions. I do occasionally make a streaky bacon sambo out of the ones I use when cooking a chicken or turkey though:)

Ah cannot cope with " crispy"! And they are too fatty also.

I order by email and there are always errors! It wad clearly a different " picker and packer" this time and when I asked for smoked, just grabbed,, smoked.. NEXT time I will be very very precise. lol...

Will miss my bacon butties! They are my comfort food. Says she eating bread and marmalade..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Graces7 wrote: »

Cut them up and use them as pancetta. Probably be good in the cheese/potato/onion recipe you posted in Comfort Food.

tangy wrote: »
    Cut them up and use them as pancetta. Probably be good in the cheese/potato/onion recipe you posted in Comfort Food.

Thank you so very much...

hmmm I may either cut off most of the fat or freeze them. On a scale of one to ten . barely a one!

Just wrecked a shoulder lifting a bag of coal so taking it easy. Ouch!

BUT next time I will make sure I order in great accurate detail! lol...

I also ordered firewood meaning sticks, as I have done before.
    and a huge sack of logs arrived! Makes life interesting! They are such lovely people!

And I do have sausages for sandwiches!

The bacon butties are covid comfort food. Before then maybe on a Sunday. The great thing re comfort food is that it works.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Glazed ham left over from last night's dinner with fried eggs, toast and tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Leftover roast potato from yesterday, smashed, fried with a poached egg on top.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I did a homemade McDonalds sausage mcmuffin this morning.
    Supervalu do sausage burgers made with Superquinn sausage meat, English muffins from Tesco, easi singles cheese and egg, with a hash brown on the side. It was nicer than the original for me (I'm not a fan of the sausage patty in McDonalds).

attachment.php?attachmentid=532943&d=1605436646[\IMG]

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    I did a homemade McDonalds sausage mcmuffin this morning.
    Supervalu do sausage burgers made with Superquinn sausage meat, English muffins from Tesco, easi singles cheese and egg, with a hash brown on the side. It was nicer than the original for me (I'm not a fan of the sausage patty in McDonalds).

attachment.php?attachmentid=532943&d=1605436646[\IMG]

I do the same using Tesco's frozen sausage burgers, very similar to the McDonalds ones - https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/details/?id=289706028

Good to know SuperValue also offer a similar product. Is it fresh (and sold with their regular sausages) or is it a frozen product?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

They are fresh, €4 for a pack of 4.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/product/1390919000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Scrambled egg on toast with tabasco sauce. The Tabasco is the key ingredient.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Omelette with mushroom, onion, spinach and feta

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Full Monty here this morning, something we rarely have but it's so miserable out no other breakfast was going to do.

A couple of years ago we were in Germany and came across a street café with a great many people, all outside enjoying the fine weather and an extravagent breakfast. The menu called it their 'Breakfast Pyramid'.

We had unfortunately just had breakfast ourselves, but we made sure to visit this place the next morning.

When we got back home I went out the very next day and bought a 3-tier cake stand.

There is quite a bit of preparation that goes into this breakfast, but it is well worth doing! This is what we had this morning.

Magdeburg-Breakfast.jpg

Tesco sell German-style rye bead from a company called Baker Street.

Dear God, that looks fabulous :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Cracked it.

YouTube video, simple really. Wife did them before but the eggs stuck to the rings. This time I had a go. Oiled inside of rings. Worked. Added sage, thyme, onion powder, salt, pepper and sugar to minced pork.

Bit of leftover Sheridans Hamper smoked cheddar sliced on top of patties and lid to cover skillet.

Perfik! Loved it.

Tesco Muffins. Lidl didn't have any......do they do muffins anyway?

PS. Didn't have time or inclination to take a picture........:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

IF you wanna make your own english muffins, the serious eats one is perfect, otherwise Aldi do superb english muffins. Tesco have started doing the frozen sausage patties, so add an easi single and you can get teh full mcdonald's effect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

The thyme and sage come through very well and really "Make" the pork. Had another one just now.....:pac:

Advertisement