Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-12-2019, 20:59   #1
J_Fitz

Work experience at airport

Hi
I have a strong interest in aviation, Next year I will be in TY and I am wondering do any airports offer work experience? I know it’s not advertised, but I really just want to be in the airport environment. My closest airports would be Waterford and Cork. Just want to know is this something that I could look into for TY
Thanks.

Last edited by J_Fitz; 09-12-2019 at 21:05.
Advertisement
09-12-2019, 21:05   #2
TheChizler

I did it in Cork Airport, it was 15 years ago though. I had a connection to the head of the police and fire service there so got to see everything but I think I would have got the same experience if I didn't know someone. Connection has retired unfortunately.
09-12-2019, 21:20   #3
J_Fitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChizler View Post
I did it in Cork Airport, it was 15 years ago though. I had a connection to the head of the police and fire service there so got to see everything but I think I would have got the same experience if I didn't know someone. Connection has retired unfortunately.
I don’t have any connections in either of the airports, but it’s still worth the chance. I might have a better chance at Waterford since it’s smaller but I’ll look into both anyway.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion