Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barnhall Meadows leixlip

Options
  • 27-11-2019 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just wondering if anyone on here has bought here or are thinking of buying?is the area nice? I'm not local so was just looking for opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Houses look nice but the proximity to the motorway was a major negative for us - We went out for a look at the area during the summer and the nearly constant noise from the road was basically a dealbreaker for us

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭NedNew2

Hercule wrote: »
    Houses look nice but the proximity to the motorway was a major negative for us - We went out for a look at the area during the summer and the nearly constant noise from the road was basically a dealbreaker for us

I lived beside a motorway for years and in fact it's not bad at all. When there is traffic the noise is constant, which is actually fine. The problem with 'bad' noise is when it is not constant, at an irregular pattern. Also at night there was hardly any noise. After a short while I became accustomed to it and it never bothered me.

Just something to keep in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I grew up beside the railway line and you get so used to noises you don't even notice them at all after a while.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can hear the motorway 24/7 but you get used to it. Resurfacing with low noise surface will happen but could be years away

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fergalc53

L1011 wrote: »
    You can hear the motorway 24/7 but you get used to it. Resurfacing with low noise surface will happen but could be years away

Ya I noticed it but that didn't really bother me, I currently live on ushers quay in the city centre facing the main road along the Liffey, even here the cars don't bother me, it's the drunkards shouting that's the problem 😂 do you know much about the houses or the estate?a good but or no? probably a ridiculous question, this whole buying a house for the first time is stressful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I live a town further out (but similar distance to the motorway) so haven't got any local knowledge unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EoinMacLove1

Leixlip is a nice town and is well serviced by public transport (2 train stations/multiple bus stops) 3rd train station nearby in hazelhatch.
    Theres a good selection of clubs-GAA/Football/Running/Rugby/canoeing & Multiple schools.
    Its a relatively quite town with the usual problems that every town has but my Family/Friends never had any issues in my 30 years living here.
    The house prices in Leixlip generally maintain their price due to proximity to Dublin and Intel employing 4000 people which is due to rise by 800.
    The location of this estate is situated near the M4 but with triple glaze windows this isn't an issue and you can factor in future low noise tarmac/electric cars. If you want a house with 0 noise buy a house in the countryside..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Leixlip is a nice town and is well serviced by public transport (2 train stations/multiple bus stops) 3rd train station nearby in hazelhatch.
    Theres a good selection of clubs-GAA/Football/Running/Rugby/canoeing & Multiple schools.
    Its a relatively quite town with the usual problems that every town has but my Family/Friends never had any issues in my 30 years living here.
    The house prices in Leixlip generally maintain their price due to proximity to Dublin and Intel employing 4000 people which is due to rise by 800.
    The location of this estate is situated near the M4 but with triple glaze windows this isn't an issue and you can factor in future low noise tarmac/electric cars. If you want a house with 0 noise buy a house in the countryside..

All of this is true but the estate is very far out of the town. No amenities within walking except the Rugby club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Rosahane

lordgoat wrote: »
    All of this is true but the estate is very far out of the town. No amenities within walking except the Rugby club.

Obviously you have never been there!

It's 15 minutes walk from the village, nearer to the secondary school and Irish school than all the houses on Easton Road. Shop, restaurant and hairdresser less than five minutes away. Bus three minutes in the morning. Train, probably 20 minutes max walking.

Rosahane wrote: »
    Obviously you have never been there!

It's 15 minutes walk from the village, nearer to the secondary school and Irish school than all the houses on Easton Road. Shop, restaurant and hairdresser less than five minutes away. Bus three minutes in the morning. Train, probably 20 minutes max walking.

You have the village 15 mins away and the train 20? These are pretty much the same distance and I'd say 20mins is a normal walking pace.

I did forget about the Eurostar 5 mins away so yes that is there.

The houses are lovely but they are a decent walk away.

• Advertisement

You have the village 15 mins away and the train 20? These are pretty much the same distance and I'd say 20mins is a normal walking pace.

I did forget about the Eurostar 5 mins away so yes that is there.

The houses are lovely but they are a decent walk away.

Google maps says approx 20 minutes from Barnhall Meadows to the train Station, the same time as it gives from Beech Park. Also estimates 20 minutes to the Courtyard Hotel In the village - 30 minutes from Beech Park!

Google maps says approx 20 minutes from Barnhall Meadows to the train Station, the same time as it gives from Beech Park. Also estimates 20 minutes to the Courtyard Hotel In the village - 30 minutes from Beech Park!

Exactly, two of the farthest out estates in the town. Beech Park much easier to get onto the motorway though.

Exactly, two of the farthest out estates in the town. Beech Park much easier to get onto the motorway though.

Barnhall Meadows is closer to the town than the 50 year old estates of Easton Park and Oaklawn West ;)

Barnhall Meadows is closer to the town than the 50 year old estates of Easton Park and Oaklawn West ;)

Are you just listing out all the estates that are a 20 min walk from the town?

My point is that the estate is a decent walk from the town, you then listed out other estates that are also a decent walk away from the town? How does this move BM closer to Leixlip??

Can you follow that? Please feel free to view it a rhetorical question and don't bother answering as this is tiresome and I'm out.

My point is that the estate is a decent walk from the town, you then listed out other estates that are also a decent walk away from the town? How does this move BM closer to Leixlip??

Can you follow that? Please feel free to view it a rhetorical question and don't bother answering as this is tiresome and I'm out.

No, I was addressing your incorrect and out of context comment:

...since you obviously didn't know what you were talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Would you agree it's about a 15 minute walk to Leixlip town?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Shop, restaurant and hairdresser less than five minutes away.

I wouldn't class that as a proper restaurant. It's a glorified pizza take away, owned by Macaris who own all 4 chippers and the 2 other pizza places in Leixlip, along with the new wine bar.

n97 mini wrote: »
    I wouldn't class that as a proper restaurant. It's a glorified pizza take away, owned by Macaris who own all 4 chippers and the 2 other pizza places in Leixlip, along with the new wine bar.

Well, it’s closer the nearest Michelin ** than anywhere else in Leixlip if that’s your priority :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭2011abc

Hard not to feel very negative about this place .Desecrating a much loved local amenity The way the builders' ads go on you'd swear they built the Wonderful Barn .Probably will rival the Docklands for ultra low percentage of ordinary Irish people who can afford to live there.Fought tooth and nail by neighbours for at least 30 years .A top 200 World Heritage Site turned into a muddy building site so some wealthy developers can become even more wealthy .The poor divils 'guarding' the site don't look as if they're likely to be paid enough to avoid squalor( if they're not already crammed in with a dozen more low paid workers in their accommodation) or returning to their homelands during next downturn and builders all self employed contractors no doubt .A monument to everything we did wrong in the last decade .And now four months before water can be connected ...Maybe they could run pipes to the floodwater in the mega puddles .Allotment holders must be fuming .

Well, it’s closer the nearest Michelin ** than anywhere else in Leixlip if that’s your priority :cool:

I'd like a bit of variety. One family owning most of the town doesn't lend itself to variety.

• Advertisement

2011abc wrote: »
    Hard not to feel very negative about this place .Desecrating a much loved local amenity The way the builders' ads go on you'd swear they built the Wonderful Barn .Probably will rival the Docklands for ultra low percentage of ordinary Irish people who can afford to live there.Fought tooth and nail by neighbours for at least 30 years .A top 200 World Heritage Site turned into a muddy building site so some wealthy developers can become even more wealthy .The poor divils 'guarding' the site don't look as if they're likely to be paid enough to avoid squalor( if they're not already crammed in with a dozen more low paid workers in their accommodation) or returning to their homelands during next downturn and builders all self employed contractors no doubt .A monument to everything we did wrong in the last decade .And now four months before water can be connected ...Maybe they could run pipes to the floodwater in the mega puddles .Allotment holders must be fuming .

It's panic building, due to the "homeless crisis". Regulations were relaxed and now we're being carpet bombed with 3-bed semis and no amenities. As reported in the paper last week that the builders haven't applied to Irish Water for a connection, even though the lead time is 16 weeks, and the estate is almost finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EoinMacLove1

The GAA club and schools are around 10 mins walk away?
    What do you consider walking distance?
    There are these things called bicycles also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Naos wrote: »
    Would you agree it's about a 15 minute walk to Leixlip town?

A 15min walk from the front of the estate. If i recall correctly there will only be one way in/out in the first phase, and given that it's a long estate you can add another 10 mind just to walk get to the front entrance at a comfortable walking pace.

I went to look at these during their open day. Lovely houses, particularly the large detached. But I couldn't personally consider what they were looking for offered value. Not for a timber framed house.

A 15min walk from the front of the estate. If i recall correctly there will only be one way in/out in the first phase, and given that it's a long estate you can add another 10 mind just to walk get to the front entrance at a comfortable walking pace.

I went to look at these during their open day. Lovely houses, particularly the large detached. But I couldn't personally consider what they were looking for offered value. Not for a timber framed house.

There will be a walkway / cycleway from the far end of the estate into Rinawade so that will considerably shorten the walk to the schools and transport links from that side!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FitzElla

For a new estate I think it has reasonably good amenities within walking distance - not the best but not the worst either. There is a good sized spar, Insomnia coffee shop and a Chinese and pizza takeaway only 5 mins walk away. The GAA club and schools are 10 - 15 minute walks. The village itself is maybe 20 minutes walk. Given how spread out Leixlip is in general there are lots of established estates that are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Timber framed houses? They aren't timber framed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Brianboru39

I am viewing next phase on Saturday . How are people finding the new houses?

We viewed Westfield but last few houses available overlooked the road so decided not for us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Out of interest what were the 4 bed detached ones going for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Has anyone bought here and moved in yet? What phase are they on? See in July there’s another phase & hopeful we could potentially buy here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

hi! wrote: »
    Has anyone bought here and moved in yet? What phase are they on? See in July there’s another phase & hopeful we could potentially buy here

I dont think any of the houses have been finished yet. Also considering it, but the houses are quite small and their would be a lot of noise from M4.

What type are you looking at?

Advertisement