Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

L1011 wrote: »
    Another planning app gone in for the frites shack at Circle K

For retaining any remaining chance I have of not getting a heart attack, I oppose this :pac:

I will be trying them solely based you your strong endorsements on here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never actually tried that operator; but I've gone to festivals in .nl and basically lived off frites met fritesaus (and Jupiler) for a four day weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rathkenny

Elverys is due to reopen in Manor Mills on 7th August.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Elverys is due to reopen in Manor Mills on 7th August.

Sadly Player One isn't reopening though .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Glenroyal's gone in for 16 more bedrooms.

The original plan for the hotel was 13 bedrooms in total as far as I remember - although I'm fairly sure that was increased between the proposal and opening - and this will bring it over 140 if the figure online is accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anytime Fitness hoping to be open in the unit beside Boots before Xmas. Doing soundproofing works at the moment. Pre-covid, they had planned to be open by the end of the summer.

Mulcahy's chalkboard says its now called Tommy's.

I don't know the lads there well enough to know if that's one of the younger ones taking over or whether someone bought it; though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Mulcahy's chalkboard says its now called Tommy's.

I don't know the lads there well enough to know if that's one of the younger ones taking over or whether someone bought it; though.

It's Tommy who used to be the butcher in Supervalu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Any idea what's going near Yeah Burger on the vacant corner slot?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Orion wrote: »
    It's Tommy who used to be the butcher in Supervalu.

Fair play to him but bad luck for Supervalu, he was an asset to the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Graham wrote: »
    Fair play to him but bad luck for Supervalu, he was an asset to the place.

Absolutely. Sound guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

MattS1 wrote: »
    Any idea what's going near Yeah Burger on the vacant corner slot?

*Another* phone repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

dib wrote: »
    *Another* phone repair shop.

Yep. Fone+ it's called. Signage went up the other day.

And there's another one going in where SVdP was. That makes 5 by my count. Fonia by the Garda station is gone.

Fonia are moving... somewhere, not sure where. He's working from a van currently I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Fonia are moving... somewhere, not sure where. He's working from a van currently I think.

I think I read here that he is the one moving into the charity shop unit.

Lidl have applied for the long-expected permission to nuke the existing store and replace it. The existing store and environs is incredibly run down and totally out of character for the chain; presumably because they knew it was due to go.

Standard new store design it seems, 140sqm extra sales floor, 350sqm extra warehouse, EV chargers, bike parking etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Is the new Lidl due to go into the existing site or somewhere else?

Existing site.

Dee Dees in The Range is gone; torn out and replaced by a display of fake Christmas trees currently

Someone ages ago on this thread said it was going, to be replaced by an Iceland branch; The Range have these in some stores in the UK currently so this is very plausible.

Iceland have some decent own-brand stuff and also some mass market UK brands vastly cheaper than other stores; they hurt their own image with those Katona ads etc and their original store locations in Ireland gave it an even more artificially downmarket image.

However, there's still no confirmation this is actually happening

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Does anybody know what will happen in Kildare in the spot where the old Lidl used to be (main road after Silken Tomas) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Builders/shopfitters/something in the Main Street former Vincents today.

I only noticed the new shop here today (not down Main St very often at the moment). Is it another phone shop?

I think I was the one who mentioned Iceland going into The Range. Think I saw a planning notice for it.

I've never seen a planning app for it; I'm not sure it'd need one as they have planning for 'variety' use and already sell food and drink. Would need it for an offo; which a few Icelands have but I don't think any of the instore Range ones do.

Wasn't me who posted it' https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056561546/41/#post108203792

But pretty sure I had seen a planning notice on the window by the trolley bay.

Wasn't me who posted it' https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056561546/41/#post108203792

But pretty sure I had seen a planning notice on the window by the trolley bay.

That's from 2018 and its to alter the noise levels on their aircon units; was refused and upheld on appeal. I've no idea why they haven't taken the notice down!

Didn't notice that the Duke and Coachman has reopened as The Red Door, presumably Louis remembered it has substantial outdoor capacity and was still licenced!

The barbers that was closed in Manor Mills has knocked through in to the (also closed) key cutting place, been fully refit and is now a Boston chain barber. May be completely new operators, never used it so don't know. Doesn't seem to focus on the kids seats like the old one did.

The barbers that was closed in Manor Mills has knocked through in to the (also closed) key cutting place, been fully refit and is now a Boston chain barber. May be completely new operators, never used it so don't know. Doesn't seem to focus on the kids seats like the old one did.

That key cutting place has been there forever. Used to bring the kids to the barbers, but the youngest used to scream the place down. (We cut it at home now.)

By comparison to Jims which is maybe 40 years there it was very young!

True. Anything before I moved to the town (in 2008) I'll count as forever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

Brought the young lad there at the weekend, happy with his hair. Will give it a go myself.

Advertisement