Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Houses Kilcock

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Aul Sammy always in with the quip :-D

Any house bought between 2017-2020 will be in negative equity at some point.
    That’s how property / the Irish economy generally goes.

I bought my house to raise my kids in for the next 10 years. After that I’ll rent the t out to some students and move to Spain and just keep an eye out on Boards for new posts about the river bursting its banks

Ye students will rent it. Sure its only 5 minutes from nuim 🀣🀣🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭djbulldogg1983

Ye students will rent it. Sure its only 5 minutes from nuim 🀣🀣🀣🀣

Correct ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Aul Sammy always in with the quip :-D

Any house bought between 2017-2020 will be in negative equity at some point.
    That’s how property / the Irish economy generally goes.

I bought my house to raise my kids in for the next 10 years. After that I’ll rent the t out to some students and move to Spain and just keep an eye out on Boards for new posts about the river bursting its banks

Be such a pity for such a beautiful estate to get overrun by students.

liam7831 wrote: »
    Be such a pity for such a beautiful estate to get overrun by students.

Ahhhh shucks Liam... a beautiful estate?
    You’ve changed your tune :-)

Although I detect a tiny bit of sarcasm I’ll take the compliment. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Are many here committing to Dublin daily (pre covid)? How did you find it, is it sustainable long term? We're looking towards Kilcock, ticks a lot of boxes but the commute times don't look too enticing.

• Advertisement

jozi wrote: »
    Are many here committing to Dublin daily (pre covid)? How did you find it, is it sustainable long term? We're looking towards Kilcock, ticks a lot of boxes but the commute times don't look too enticing.

I don’t personally but it is all relevant. If you’re used to a 15 minute commute then it will be a big change but it f you’re used to a 1 hour call mute then it won’t be too dissimilar

I don’t personally but it is all relevant. If you’re used to a 15 minute commute then it will be a big change but it f you’re used to a 1 hour call mute then it won’t be too dissimilar

Kilcock to Stephens Green is more like 2 hours though by train and foot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

BE service would make more sense for someone working Dublin City Southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

Kilcock to Stephens Green is more like 2 hours though by train and foot.

Thanks. I work in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. I am considering train from Kilcock to Connolly and then bike from Connolly to Ballsbridge. Do you think it will take around 1.5 to 2 hours for one way commute ?

merikahan wrote: »
    Thanks. I work in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. I am considering train from Kilcock to Connolly and then bike from Connolly to Ballsbridge. Do you think it will take around 1.5 to 2 hours for one way commute ?

90 minutes at least one way. I worked in Stephens green and to be honest on a good day with no train delays etc it was 80 minutes door to door. More often than not though it was 1 hour on the train Maynooth to Pearse. 15 minute walk from house to train and 15 minutes up to the green.

Just to add also i did that for 7-8 years and nearly went mad. It's 3 hoours a day commuting which is crazy really. I got a transfer out the country and im now a 25 minute drive to work. The difference in quality of life is amazing. Well worth it if it an option even if you have to take a pay cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

jozi wrote: »

I was commuting to Grand Canal area.
    Motorbike: 50 minutes
    Train + walk: around 1h30 door to door (and I would have 15m walking in there)
    Car: anywhere between 2h and whatever. Traffic jam usually starting before Maynooth exit on the M4

Advertisement