Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv licence(can they backdate few years back)

Options
  • 29-07-2020 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, hopefully one of you can help me.
    I got reminder in the post to pay TV licence, we are living in this apartment 3 years and now is first time we received this letter.

We are living in small building with 3 apartments and maybe other tennants took our post by mistake or this is first time we got this letter.
    We never knew we need to pay licence and now we are afraid that maybe we need to pay for last 3 years.

Hopefully someone was in same situation and can advise us?

Thanks
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the legal discussion forum instead:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

From my experience they are happy if you start paying from the current year. They have no way of knowing when you moved in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

They won't look for back payments.

But once you start paying, you cant stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blacksmith1

Minier81 wrote: »
    From my experience they are happy if you start paying from the current year. They have no way of knowing when you moved in

Thanks, I think I will apply for it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blacksmith1

Pkiernan wrote: »
    They won't look for back payments.

But once you start paying, you cant stop.

Thanks, I dont mind paying forever :)
    Only was afraid to backdate last 3 years as will be big amount of moneys.
    As didnt know before I need to pay it

• Advertisement
Advertisement