Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Sorry...the cynic in me but it all comes across as unintentionally comical to me. Might as well add an asterisk to that as well as the rest of their supposed slate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sorry...the cynic in me but it all comes across as unintentionally comical to me. Might as well add an asterisk to that as well as the rest of their supposed slate.

Cinemas are already reopened in the US. I'd say it's solid as it can be right now.

What I wouldn't be surprised by is if a lot of these end up on Disney+ on the same day as release to cinema as not all countries will be open, and I know I'm going to be hesitant going anywhere near one before an arm full of vaccine juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cinemas are already reopened in the US. I'd say it's solid as it can be right now.

What I wouldn't be surprised by is if a lot of these end up on Disney+ on the same day as release to cinema as not all countries will be open, and I know I'm going to be hesitant going anywhere near one before an arm full of vaccine juice.

Yeah, the US just about at a vaccination point where if you want one you get one so there is no reason not to go full steam ahead with cinemas as things are good as they're going to get aside from the virus 'magically' disappearing.

I agree that it makes sense to split release with Disney+ though, as some people just won't be comfortable with the cinema for a long time. This is especially the case if they are pocketing a better cut of our money.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Rob Stark and Jon Snow finally set to have a reunion :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Aaron Taylor-Johnson to Play Spider-Man Villain Kraven the Hunter in Solo Movie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson to Play Spider-Man Villain Kraven the Hunter in Solo Movie

I'm not even sure how that's supposed to work without Spider-Man as the prey. Sony truly are just shooting wildly into the air with these BadGuy solo movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm not even sure how that's supposed to work without Spider-Man as the prey. Sony truly are just shooting wildly into the air with these BadGuy solo movies.

At least Kraven exists independently of Spider-man, Venom doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

pixelburp wrote: »

Squirrel Girl

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Squirrel Girl

That'd be hilarious :D but they can't even use her - she's MCU (there's a pilot with her in the New Warriors no one has seen that never went to production).

Maybe part of the deal with Marvel means Sony can use Squirrel Girl.
    She has history with Kraven.

She deserves better than a cancelled tv series!
    Where's my Squirrel Girl movie?!?
    We can have spin off series for Brain Drain, Tippy, Koi Boi and Chipmunk Hunk.
    Maybe an introduction in the Loki series, who she gets on with.

I suppose they couldn't bring her into the MCU before Infinity War since that film would've been much shorter and not have a second half if they just let Squirrel Girl go after Thanos.

I know Milana Vayntrub has voiced her in Marvel rising episodes after being cast in the role for the series. Don't even think we got leaked photos from the pilot.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe part of the deal with Marvel means Sony can use Squirrel Girl.
    She has history with Kraven.

She deserves better than a cancelled tv series!
    Where's my Squirrel Girl movie?!?
    We can have spin off series for Brain Drain, Tippy, Koi Boi and Chipmunk Hunk.
    Maybe an introduction in the Loki series, who she gets on with.

I suppose they couldn't bring her into the MCU before Infinity War since that film would've been much shorter and not have a second half if they just let Squirrel Girl go after Thanos.

I know Milana Vayntrub has voiced her in Marvel rising episodes after being cast in the role for the series. Don't even think we got leaked photos from the pilot.

Yeah tbf they have a real problem when they introduce her, even Galactus isn't really a threat when Squirrel Girl is about like :D

Seriously though if they want an all ages comedy angled movie or series this is a popular untapped character, with Ms Marvel coming can't be long til we see her

• Registered Users Posts: 60,290 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Might be the first post Covid movie I go to.

So I'm guessing the scene on the train has a character removed via CGI like they usually do in these teasers so as to not spoil them and to also make it look like

Strange is fighting Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hard to believe this is the same Strange who was a freak about the time stone but it looks suitably fun.

Unless it's not actually Strange but......

Mephisto

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well, the trailer shows Strange and Peter clashing on a train scene so I'm guessing something's up.

• Advertisement

Yeah but what's to say there is somebody else missing from that scene😮

Given how much is pre-vis and CGI, it's little effort to just alter scenes for the trailers. Wouldn't be surprised if some twists are being hidden.

The live action Squirrel Girl (and Tippy) that could've been

https://gizmodo.com/new-warriors-showrunner-revealed-his-squirrel-girl-and-1847643645

I'm sure someone got the full size photos before deletion

Obviously we have the Guardians lineup leaning into the outlandish, while Thor pitched fully into comedy, but I'm still not sure how Squirrel Girl would have gelled with the rest of the MCUs style. I'd liked to have seen it try though

I think it would've just been like the other tv shows like AoS, Cloak & Dagger and Runaways. So likely ignored by the movies and Disney+ series

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It was going to be freeform so ye same as Cloak & Dagger.

Now they're pushing Disney plus as an "integral you better sub part" of the MCU they can't have any more weak links that could derail the gravy train or maybe not even those that drive more interest into the next project. probably every producer and executive dreading anything happening on their watch when things are so good (non covid at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It looks fun, hopefully it's more coherent than TFATWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Russell Crowe will be starring alongside Aaron Taylor-Johnson in Marvel's #KravenTheHunter movie

• Advertisement

Tisn't a Marvel film, Sony are making it. Not holding out much hope on this one.

Advertisement