Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveline Valentine: Roses are red, violations are blue, do be, do be do be do.

• 10-02-2021 7:58pm

New Liveline thread so to spake, note de tweaking of a suggestion which is topical and with no reference to de ting for a change. Usual rules of keeping it above de bar of indecency an dat.

Post forth, callers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I know I’m 2 days late. I never listen live but I catch the podcasts now and again

I’ve heard stupidity on the show, the occasional “Gold” but I never heard such hostility from Duffy as the florist show this week

Belittling, demeaning and arrogantly shutting down callers. I’ve listened for years and never heard him being such a bollix

Was he just out of a meeting with RTÉ management or what’s his problem?

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I know I’m 2 days late. I never listen live but I catch the podcasts now and again

I’ve heard stupidity on the show, the occasional “Gold” but I never heard such hostility from Duffy as the florist show this week

Belittling, demeaning and arrogantly shutting down callers. I’ve listened for years and never heard him being such a bollix

Where have you been, caller? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

mikemac2 wrote: »

You most definitely are new here!

How bad was twodaze show so to speak? Should I listen back?

How bad was twodaze show so to speak? Should I listen back?

More XY tears x 2. XY club of de Vale of Tears recently. At least dey seem more spontaneous dan some of de XX variant. All Long Covid sorrows twoday, BUT... wait for it... Joe doesn't want de guff of de joy of rugby or anything so trivial in these toimes of troyal.

• Advertisement

More XY tears x 2. XY club of de Vale of Tears recently. At least dey seem more spontaneous dan some of de XX variant. All Long Covid sorrows twoday, BUT... wait for it... Joe doesn't want de guff of de joy of rugby or anything so trivial in these toimes of troyal.

Is he do be do de be do be tryin’ to be more wurkin’ class again and dat, by dismissing’ de rugby folk?

He really is a very strange man.

Is he do be do de be do be tryin’ to be more wurkin’ class again and dat, by dismissing’ de rugby folk?

He really is a very strange man.

Cant quite figure it out, so to speak. He was apparently dissing what he considers "trivia".

Not that I know one single thing about sport, so I always feel at at serious disadvantage offering any kind of opinions. Never built for sport of any kind and cannot track balls with my eyes, so to speak.

Dis sounds quite erotixxxx

"I couldn't breathe Joe. I was leaning out of the windowsill, pushing myself up and down to try and suck air into my body," Mark Johnson is telling @joeliveline about life after contracting Covid-19. #Liveline

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

For the week that’s in it, love match time :)
    Just shows me I spend WAY!!!!’ To much time in the live line thread

https://ibb.co/WfTZHkm

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886426a2d8e4b94cbff021aa9af2d218d4f6ab2ea86&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    For the week that’s in it, love match time :)
    Just shows me I spend WAY!!!!’ To much time in the live line thread

https://ibb.co/WfTZHkm

You ButtersSuki & I need to make a threesome according to dis. Who does wat though?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

You ButtersSuki & I need to make a threesome according to dis. Who does wat though?

We should ring Joe and ask!

pc7 wrote: »
    We should ring Joe and ask!

No wouldn't want Joe rear ending it all!

Oh matron :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Did anybody catch Joe on Gogglebox tonight from 1996. He was the "on site" reporter from Dublin city centre (or kip as he referred to it) when they were putting the Millenium Countdown Clock in the River. He was extremely fancily dressed before apparently jumping into the river before later greeting God himself on the Quays (well Gay Byrne, so to speak).

They were serenaded by a young Dublin petal. Doubt it was the wunderful Beryl from today although she would have been a sprightly 76 back then.

The whole thing becane known as "The Chime in the Slime" .
    .... the clock that is, not any much loved radio presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

It so weird. 20mins for those that missed it - https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/search?searchTerm=Liveline

After a prolonged discussion about the effects of peoples inconsiderate actions and patients being alone in their final hours and absolutely out of nowhere Duffy goes off on a bizzare rant. God knows what he saw on one of the iPads in front of him to spark this.

Duffy: "I was thinking of did... I really shouldnt say it but i was thinking of it de udder day... I'm not a great rugby fan
    ... I'm not a great sports fan....ammm... I wuz watchin de two ads one on vergin media I tink an one on rte, including dis station, for de six nations and boat of dem had dis type of ... *pause* ... guff - we've had a tough winter ... you can say that again, over a thousand people dead and you call that a tough winter... buh leh de six nations raise our spirits.... have you ever heard such... such... such tone deaf ads in all yer loiife... but anyway ... dats my... dats beside.... its because I want to iterate and reiterate what yer saying nicola about from insoid dese covid wards that peepul are being ... do peepul re a loize what.we.are.facing but what peepul have gone through for nearly a year now January being de wurst munt ehh in in in any udder event.. I can't tink of any udder event... I don't want to tink of any udder event that can be compared to it is so unbelievably catastrophic."

All this time the caller is trying to get back in to the conversation but is continually talked over and then joe just moves on to another caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Clon63 wrote: »
    Did anybody catch Joe on Gogglebox tonight from 1996. He was the "on site" reporter from Dublin city centre (or kip as he referred to it) when they were putting the Millenium Countdown Clock in the River. He was extremely fancily dressed before apparently jumping into the river before later greeting God himself on the Quays (well Gay Byrne, so to speak).

They were serenaded by a young Dublin petal. Doubt it was the wunderful Beryl from today although she would have been a sprightly 76 back then.

The whole thing becane known as "The Chime in the Slime" .
    .... the clock that is, not any much loved radio presenter.

There should be a Museum for this clock, the Voting machines, the unused Respirators and any other items the Government of the day squandered taxpayers money on....maybe a scale model of the Chislers hospital could be the star attraction.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    There should be a Museum for this clock, the Voting machines, the unused Respirators and any other items the Government of the day squandered taxpayers money on....maybe a scale model of the Chislers hospital could be the star attraction.

Would want to be pretty big to fit the Childers Hostibble AND RTÉ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

That rugby rant is bizarre, he's definitely pi$$ed off about something this week.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He informed D4's of his fee demands for 2022 and she told him to sharpen his pencil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe the current social media drive for less depressing stories on rte is getting to him?

He really doesn't do anything else other than 'depressing', so if he is being told to lighten things up a bit, he'll be found out.

That and the ongoing shock at how much these top presenters are paid, there is definitely a ground swell of annoyance in the public about them. And it ain't going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

NIMAN wrote: »
    Maybe the current social media drive for less depressing stories on rte is getting to him?

He really doesn't do anything else other than 'depressing', so if he is being told to lighten things up a bit, he'll be found out.

That and the ongoing shock at how much these top presenters are paid, there is definitely a ground swell of annoyance in the public about them. And it ain't going away.

Not only does he only do depressing but he has started to call out messages of positivity, he doesnt want any aul guff of this speak of lightening moods and spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,333 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

T'day...
    Long Covid, the horrific effects
    The vaccine, Scotland announced over 1 million people have received the vaccine today, we have completed 150k, whoy.
    Pascal Donohue, we won't be breaking ranks to source our own vaccines.
    A GP refusing to give out the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

We can't stop calls about long Covid and vaccines.

Comparing Irish vaccine rates with Scotland.

Do the maths, says he.

Are doctors refusing to give out the vaccine?

102 yr old Beryl from yesterday.

Three separate people saying there's a lottery to get the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

More Long Covid :rolleyes:

All week, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Today?

Long covid day 3

We cant stop the deluge of call on ling covid and the non roll out of the vaccine. Joe telling us to do the maths ourselves, we all arent human calculators like yourself joe!

One doctor not giving the vaccine! Hogging his "clients".

Beryl clip from yesterday suprisingly as her strong attitude must have turned Joe's stomach.

3 separate callers on about a lottery in 3 different hospitals- the HSE denies it. Absolutly massive scandal if true should be a bigger story unless its just clickbait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭cozar

more long Covid and long rollout of vaccine. long Covid is Joe's baby and he will stick with it for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today
    Long Covid

The vaccine whoy have Scotland given out more vaccines than Ireand and day are a similar population. You do the Mattimatics

Clip of the 102 year old young wan from yesterday.

Ronan didn't acknowledge Joe after the promo. Good man Ronan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Red Fred wrote: »

Ronan didn't acknowledge Joe after the promo. Good man Ronan.

Can't say that I blame him. Claire Byrne stole 2 minutes off of his show to get in another vital section about Covid skincare; time is money in Montrose :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement