Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skulls Eye Schooner Lego 6286

Options
  • 07-04-2020 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi

does anyone know where I could get the Skulls Eye Schooner set? I have seen some sets online eg Ebay for very high prices. Anyone know of good places to search for this item?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Check bricklink.com, lowest price for a used set is around EUR 300 plus shipping.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I had a look there about parting it out but the hull pieces drive the price sky high. Better off buying a second hand set from Bricklink as said above.

305/306 euro from two sellers there, both 100% but one with worn sails and one with a replaced anchor string so not all that bad.

Be sure to query around postage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

I got that as a Christmas present in 1993 (if I remember the year right). Best present ever.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I had a look there about parting it out but the hull pieces drive the price sky high. Better off buying a second hand set from Bricklink as said above.

305/306 euro from two sellers there, both 100% but one with worn sails and one with a replaced anchor string so not all that bad.

Be sure to query around postage though.

I made one from bits I had and multiple Bricklink orders. Had to buy replica sails on Ebay. I met a least one seller which saved on postage for some lumpy bits. Total cost probably €150. Mostly used parts but I figured if I had bought it as a kid it would look used by now. Hardest part to get was the torso for the semi-pirate. Took me a year to find a cheap one which had no arms. I got arms off another torso.
    Tis a fine craft. Go for it.

I also built the big Imperial Flag Ship from Bricklink. Now that's one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I found my old one of these in my Mam's attic and put it together recently. A handful of pieces missing that I replaced via Bricklink, nothing major except one of the minifigs was gone that costs around €40 to replace. I think I remember swapping it with a friend when I was 12 for some nothing pieces. He probably knew back then it was rare, cheeky muppet.

Anyway, reminded of how much I loved this set.

• Advertisement
Advertisement