Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Project Management UL (Full Time)

Options
  • 05-05-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi lads,

Just looking to hear from anyone who has completed this course in UL in the not too distant past. I'm due to complete an Engineering Degree and wondering if this would enhance my job prospects.

Looking to see what peoples thoughts are on the course, hours, projects, all info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for posts in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lim

Hi.. I am doing the course right now. Have just finished all assignments and have a thesis and simulation course to complete in the next few months. Send me a PM with any questions and I will happily answer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Williams12

Hi, I'm interested in doing Project Management now. Need to be quick deciding on it if I want to apply for the Sept start!! Can I ask you questions about it? I imagine it hasn't changed immeasurably since you completed it..?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

I did the PM masters course through the Centre for Project Management at the KBS some years ago. My own recommendation with such a course is that you are better off to have some real world experience before doing it. I was working in a project environment at the time and it was of great benefit, both at the time and since.

Thanks for that. Yes it would probably be better to get some proper industrial experience first. From a wandering jobless graduate....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lim

hey - am still writing the final dissertation but I started a new job 8 weeks ago which is keeping me very busy. The course is well structured with classes only 3 days per week and no final exams - continuous assessment. I got a lot out of it but I had several years of project management behind me and wanted the qualification. A lot of the class didn't have the same pm experience but also found the course very beneficial.

PM me for any additional information. BTW I got the new job because I was visible to the employer when I was registered on the masters..

• Advertisement

Hey,
    I'm doing the course at the moment. How did people react to the groups they were given? Did they tend to work well?

Advertisement