Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletic shop

Options
  • 01-12-2020 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to buy new shoes and I'd like to get re-evaluated to what shoes would be suitable for me. I appreciate suggestions of sport shops that can offer good and knowledgeable advise on what running shoes to get (PS I wear insoles).

I find the advice in a lot of the sport chain shops (Lifestyle, Elverys, Champion, etc.) is very hit and miss and mainly a miss. I found Ger Wyleys in Dungarvan to be very good but I understand they're part of Elverys now. I'm living in Kilkenny so somewhere in the South East, Dublin or Cork would be most suitable.

Thanks in advance,
    Pat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Hi,

I need to buy new shoes and I'd like to get re-evaluated to what shoes would be suitable for me. I appreciate suggestions of sport shops that can offer good and knowledgeable advise on what running shoes to get (PS I wear insoles).

I find the advice in a lot of the sport chain shops (Lifestyle, Elverys, Champion, etc.) is very hit and miss and mainly a miss. I found Ger Wyleys in Dungarvan to be very good but I understand they're part of Elverys now. I'm living in Kilkenny so somewhere in the South East, Dublin or Cork would be most suitable.

Thanks in advance,
    Pat.

Alfie Hales in waterford

Haven't been in there since it moved but Alfie Hales was indeed always excellent in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭6run28

Amphibean King in Bray might suit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

If you make it all the way to Dublin, Run Logic is definitely a real runner's shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Enduro wrote: »
    If you make it all the way to Dublin, Run Logic is definitely a real runner's shop.

Cheers. It probably will be Dublin as I need to go up anyway. Should I make an appointment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭event

In COVID times, might be no harm.

Theres the Run Hub too in Ashtown and I think they have one in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

event wrote: »
    In COVID times, might be no harm.

Theres the Run Hub too in Ashtown and I think they have one in the city centre

+1

Aungier St

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

The Run Hub are offering online gait analysis now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,014 ✭✭✭✭event

aquinn wrote: »
    The Run Hub are offering online gait analysis now I think.

Wonder how that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

event wrote: »
    Wonder how that works?

Here you go....

https://www.therunhub.ie/21370/Online-Gait-Analysis/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Between Run Logic, Runzone (Rathgar) & Run Hub (Aungier Street), any idea which shop has the best selection of runners?

Looking to get a new pair and probably do a gait analysis, but would like a shop which has a decent selection too.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭farmerval

Try Outfield sports in Carrick on Suir, Owner is a runner is good on gait analysis et.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Snodge

Hi all,

Does anybody know of anyone or any gyms who has or would be renting out gym equipment (bar,freeweights) during level 5 restrictions for the month of January ?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Snodge wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anybody know of anyone or any gyms who has or would be renting out gym equipment (bar,freeweights) during level 5 restrictions for the month of January ?

Thanks in advance
    Fitnessequipment.ie would rent treadmills, bikes etc. They are normally quick at getting back to people.

Advertisement