Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killzone CE Steelbook

• 14-06-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm just wondering how much a Killzone CE Steelbook is worth. Its not sealed, and I don't have it at the moment, its at a friends so I cant check but it was in pretty good condition with all the manuals, cds etc inside. Was researching it and apparently its one of the rarest PS2 games, with only thirty thousand ever produced. I've looked all over ebay and I can't find it listed anywhere, or on any other site. Just wondering how valuable it actually is. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

hey thanks for replying! i read that one already, basically scoured the internet but its so hard to find any info on it, they really are scarce. I'm really interested to see how much its actually worth, if its that rare its gotta be good :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure if it's worth much. The game is garbage so even though there's about 30,000 copies (still quite a bit) it's not going to be worth much. There has to be a certain amount of desirability there before it's worth anything. Basically it's not in demand as much as radiant silvergun and panzer dragoon saga which have higher print runs.

ah ok, i see what you mean, i just thought that since there seems to be little/no copies in circulation it might be worth something but i get what you mean when you say demand determines value. oh well i'll find that gem someday :) just out of interest is there any site that values games like that for you, that you know of?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd search for it in ebay, see how much it has gone for in the past by checking out the finished bids.

• Advertisement

thats the thing i did look it up on ebay, and its not there, anywhere! there's killzone ps2 games being sold everyday on ebay but no matter where i look, ebay amazon etc its not on it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Isn't it a pity they don't make Steelbook editions of good games! ;)

That's killzone 2 not the original killzone for sale there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Tsk! Dead Rising 2!

• Advertisement

I've a feeling that these so called collectors editions won't be very collectible in a few years since they make so many of them they usually end up shifting them at bargain prices anyway.

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=349

Well I found a bit more info about it from here, still doesn't really shed any light though. Page 1 and 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

cough ..I have the steelbook version of Bioshock complete with Big Daddy statuette:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Here's one in Ireland

Seen a few on adverts too. I doubt it's that rare, not meaning to rain on your parade!

Thanks man and no worries, was just a vain hope that I might finally have found something valuable! :) I finally got an estimation on it anyways. A sealed one is worth about 80 dollars, while one in good condition with all the extras is around 50 dollars. That one you listed there is missing a couple of things including the bonus cd which is why its probably cheaper, good find though I spent ages searching and couldn't find anything on Irish Ebay. At least the mystery is solved, and sure I'll keep it anyways, its rare enough and its nice having something not many other people have! Thanks for all the help :)

Advertisement