Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using Dosbox to run a win95 game

• 17-06-2011 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

using Dosbox v0.74 on windows 7, and am trying to install a windows 95 racing game called Motorhead. I'm using an ISO of the game since it's easier to use and the disc makes weird noises in the CD drive. i've tried mounting the virtual drive as C:\ in dosbox, and running the setup executable from that, but illegal command "win" comes up before the SETUP.EXE even though i haven't typed it in.

i've also tried installing it on XP (which it works perfect with only the compatibility settings set to win95 but it's on a computer i rarely use), copied over the folder to my windows 7 laptop and mounting it in dosbox. ran the game's exe file but this comes up under the input line "this is a Windows NT windowed executable"

i've tried running it with compatibility settings natively in win7 but to no luck (see thread in Windows forum)

am i doing it wrong or does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement