Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

al87987 wrote: »
    I think we should just pay the remainder of Ozils contract out now and let him leave. He'll never play for us again, i don't really care at this point if he does but I'm sick to death of the conversation around him at this point.

Me too.
    But in this case I’d worry about how the club are dealing with him too unless they come out and explain the matter.
    To many fans I know it looks like Ozil annoyed the upper echelons of the club by criticising the Chinese regarding a human rights issue. It would affect our merchandise sales over there. If this is so it makes the BLM thing just seem like hypocrisy because one human rights issue is the same as another.
    Money is likely at the centre of it. The club needs to explain.

As regards Ozil, he’ll be shipped out ASAP but there’s nothing to say some other human rights issues regarding other players won’t crop up again at another time as we have many players from other countries in our ranks. The club needs have a policy around this and the players have to buy into it. It doesn’t look like they have or they’d have come out and said so already imo instead of fibbing and using Arteta to help them out. He deserves better, he’s doing a great job on the football end but there was something just not right in what he said yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭DenMan

Team news in 15 mins. Hope to see Partey starting. I've been in Vienna before, it's a beautiful city. Hope we win. Best of luck to Dundalk too. They're live on Virgin Media Two against Molde. Both games kick off at 5:55pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

We have a back four!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

Pretty strong lineup. The new keeper must have a good bit of work to do if he's not even going to get to play League Cup / Europa group stage games.

I also wonder about the decision not to register Saliba for the group stages. I'm sure he's not ready to play regularly for Arsenal yet but with all due respect to Dundalk, surely he could have come in for those games and look comfortable against them? Strange call the more I think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arsenal: Leno, Cedric, Luiz, Gabriel, Kolasinac, Pepe, Partey, Elneny, Saka, Lacazette, Nketiah.

Subs: Bellerin, Tierney, Runarsson, Aubameyang, Maitland-Niles, Mustafi, Nelson, Willock, Macey, Xhaka.

Great to see Partey and Soares starting. COYG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

very strong looking team. A bit of a worry for me that we're not using some of the lesser used members of the squad with games coming quick and fast in this shortened season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

greendom wrote: »
    very strong looking team. A bit of a worry for me that we're not using some of the lesser used members of the squad with games coming quick and fast in this shortened season

Get qualification "locked down" early and then play them

Happy with that team apart from Kolasinac but we have to rest Tierney too.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Get qualification "locked down" early and then play them

logic - like it

I’ll be watching the Dundalk game and also keeping an eye on this game’s scores.
    I’ll watch Arsenal later.
    Hoping for a double but hoping Dundalk don’t concede early.

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday to Arsene Wenger who is 71 today.

Jesus Nketiah has given the ball away everytime he's got it

22 mins
    Post update
    Rapid Vienna 0-0 Arsenal
    Thomas Partey's stats so far:

24 touches.

21 passes.

1 shot.

1 tackle.

Busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

22 mins
    Post update
    Rapid Vienna 0-0 Arsenal
    Thomas Partey's stats so far:

24 touches.

21 passes.

1 shot.

1 tackle.

Busy.

No goal yet

Dundalk holding their own so far.
    Unlucky to have a goal disallowed.
    Molde beginning to assert now though.

Partey playing well, making some nice interceptions.

Brilliant Dundalk goal.👏👏👏

Fcking hell that's the softest yellow I've seen in a while.

This is tough to watch, so slow and ponderous

These stupid yellows in European matches for having a shot after the whistle. Didn't one of our players get a second yellow for it a few years back? RVP maybe?

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    These stupid yellows in European matches for having a shot after the whistle. Didn't one of our players get a second yellow for it a few years back? RVP maybe?

Never heard of him

Basil3 wrote: »

RVP versus Barcelona but that was more about the Barca players crowding around the referee pleading for a red card and being all round cheating c**ts in general.

Second half cant be worse than that surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Poor first half really. Nothing much happened in it despite 3 yellow cards. Expected better given the team we've out.

So did Ozil apparently who took to twitter to predict a 4-1 away win.

The ref isn't helping but we're second best here

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Quazzie wrote: »
    Poor first half really. Nothing much happened in it despite 3 yellow cards. Expected better given the team we've out.

So did Ozil apparently who took to twitter to predict a 4-1 away win.

is he trolling or wha?

We're too easy to read, 90% of our play is down the left side and too slow bulld up. Havent once tried getting people in over the top. Need to stretch them and move them about more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

is he trolling or wha?

Well he predicted Kolasinac and Elneny to score a goal each so I think its safe to file in the trolling category alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

what a ****ing joke...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Leno.... FFS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement