Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scopeshields

Options
  • 12-10-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Just thought I'd share my excellent initial impressions of these:

https://scopeshieldcover.com/

I was previously using Butler Creek flip-up lens covers on my scopes, but when one of them broke I looked online and found that a lot of people have had bad experiences with the quality of these. Also one of my scopes got a serious scratch one day while taking the rifle out of the gun cabinet.

When I came across the Scopeshield, I was interested because it protects the whole scope, rather than just the lenses, as well as giving a fair amount of protection to the rifle action. So I ordered 3, one for each of my rifles, all in the heavier 3mm black version, which cost me about 70 euros for the lot, including postage from the US (which only took about 10 days or less).

I have to say I'm delighted with them: they pull off (+ go back on) in an instant, and are clearly well-made and will last a lifetime. The only thing you need to be careful of is sizing, as the guide on the website is wrong. I took the advice of loads of reviews and got one size larger for each scope than the site recommends, and they all fit and work perfectly on my scopes.

I don't have any links to the company, I just thought if anyone was looking for an alternative to Butler Creeks and other options they might be interested in these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Just thought I'd share my excellent initial impressions of these:

https://scopeshieldcover.com/

I was previously using Butler Creek flip-up lens covers on my scopes, but when one of them broke I looked online and found that a lot of people have had bad experiences with the quality of these. Also one of my scopes got a serious scratch one day while taking the rifle out of the gun cabinet.

When I came across the Scopeshield, I was interested because it protects the whole scope, rather than just the lenses, as well as giving a fair amount of protection to the rifle action. So I ordered 3, one for each of my rifles, all in the heavier 3mm black version, which cost me about 70 euros for the lot, including postage from the US (which only took about 10 days or less).

I have to say I'm delighted with them: they pull off (+ go back on) in an instant, and are clearly well-made and will last a lifetime. The only thing you need to be careful of is sizing, as the guide on the website is wrong. I took the advice of loads of reviews and got one size larger for each scope than the site recommends, and they all fit and work perfectly on my scopes.

I don't have any links to the company, I just thought if anyone was looking for an alternative to Butler Creeks and other options they might be interested in these.
    Looking for something like this for quite a while for my scope,thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭SakoHunter75

Looking for something like this for quite a while for my scope,thanks for the info

Glad someone found this useful!

As I said, if you're ordering one just be careful with the size. I got 2 of the SS-13s for 2 scopes that are about 13-13.5" long, and one SS-12 for a 12.5" scope, and they're all perfect fits.

Also, I think the heavier 3mm will give more protection against knocks than the original 2mm, and the price difference is minimal.

Advertisement