Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zurich-St anton 25th January

Options
  • 13-01-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We are (2) flying to Zurich with Aerlingus on the 25th of January (17:00), There are no trains bu when we land, is anyone interested in sharing a transfer to St Anton?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭rjp123

OP - wont be able to help you unfortunately but we are in same situation a little later in the year. the flight lands at 2000 local and last train is at 2020 so wont make it. Have you a transfer company in mind (trying to find cheapest offer myself). what is general cost?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 phjm

We had to fly to Memmingen - original plan was to fly to Zurich but thankfully, I noticed this problem with the train connection in time.
    The flight back is perfect though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

There is a pretty good train connection on our return flight from st anton to memmingen, only one change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 phjm

There is a pretty good train connection on our return flight from st anton to memmingen, only one change.

Times though? Zurich return gives you a full day on the slopes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Yeah Zurich flight is ideal for full day on the slopes on the way back - just came back this way on Sunday.

OP, if you haven't booked your flights yet Swiss also fly the route and leave Dublin earlier, about 2, which should let you catch the train. Flying Swiss out and Aer Lingus back is thus ideal for train.

Otherwise your options are rent a car - cheap enough, two hours to St Anton, if you're coming back on Sunday leave early as there will be heavy traffic. Or maybe just sleep in the airport / get a cheap hotel in Zurich and get an early morning train to St Anton. Not sure if there is such a thing as a 'cheap' hotel in Zurich tbh.

The train station in St Anton is slap bang in the middle of the resort so you could just walk out in the morning, rent skis and leave your gear with them, buy your lift pass and go, then check in to your accomodation at the end of the day.

• Advertisement

a148pro wrote: »
    OP, if you haven't booked your flights yet Swiss also fly the route and leave Dublin earlier, about 2, which should let you catch the train. Flying Swiss out and Aer Lingus back is thus ideal for train.
    QUOTE]

balls. should have done that - will look at transfer company to resort and get train back.

swiss flight appears to be via LHR or Frankfurt? cant find a direct one

That must be for your particular date / time, I just looked for a particular date I am thinking about (will / would be my third trip this year, hee hee hee!) and its direct. I certainly flew direct last year.

LX 401 11:25 DUB - 14:30 ZRH

Edit, should get you in in time to rent any gear you might need for the morning, or maybe even a wade up to the Moose to ruin your morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

rjp123 wrote: »
    QUOTE]

Sounds perfect, but what is the cost ? Myself and my wife flew into Menningen for €102 p/p (including ski carriage and luggage)
    The train to st anton was €38 return, 2 changes on the way there, 1 on the way back.

Would be very difficult to beat that price, but its a lottery on any of these airlines. Think I paid 160 with a bag last week, and was happy enough having only booked it the week before.

• Advertisement

OP have you tried the Arlberg Express, its a bus from Zurich to St Anton and environs, I came across it on another thread and the entire state of my knowledge is included in this post, but google might know more?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 j_cal

am i bovvered: Did you book that train ticket in advance or just buy at the station?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

rjp123 wrote: »
    QUOTE]

Sounds perfect, but what is the cost ? Myself and my wife flew into Menningen for €102 p/p (including ski carriage and luggage)
    The train to st anton was €38 return, 2 changes on the way there, 1 on the way back.

Just wondering - how did you get that prcice for the train? Did you book online? Or was it a special?

Advertisement