Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3/4 Day Ski??

Options
  • 27-07-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Ive been looking into the cheapest ways of getting on the slopes for 3/4 days recently. I love snowboarding and try to save towards regular short trips throughout the year. Its hard to get friends interested in regular trips when theyre not as interested in the sport as i am, so i find myself looking at going solo sometimes.

The best deals i can find for short breaks are usually around the €600 mark for somewhere like the 3 valleys. Ive included Aircoach (e14), Flights to UK (e70), Coach to/from resort with accom (e260), Lift pass (e140), Board (e55), Food (e50).

Has anyone else been looking at these sort of deals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'm looking myself:

Thus far I have based on 4-6 lads going to Arinsal, Andorra.

Flights (DUB to BCN) €80

Car hire €150 (between 4/5 lads)

Hotel €350 (per triple room)

Snowboard & Boots €60 (odd)

Lift Passes €80 (split between low and high season)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TheoBane

Hey topaz, what company is that with where you get the coach from england and accomindation included. That would be very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭protelos

not hijacking your thread... but in sayin that i obviously am!!!im in da same situation as urself my mates dont like the mountain and i will die there!!!

And am hoping for 3/4 trips this yr and as one knows u need to ski/board with someone as the same mind frame as urself!!!

So was woundering if anyone is interested in a pre christmas trip for 3/4 days or a week!

In another world i would drink day and night but on da mountain im in bed at 10 every night waitin for the mornin!!!

Im a grand skier and boarder so no worries about standard like!!!

so if anyone would be up for that let me no!!!

Oh and il be get every thing as cheap as possible!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

When I have a few days and not much time, I fly to Paris on the cheapest flights I can find, then get an overnight train to Bourg St Maurice. Two or three days skiing (only one or two nights in hostel or hotel needed), then overnight train back to Paris, fly home.

There's a hotel in Seez, Hotel Malgovet, which is cheap, a free bus stops on the doorstep and brings you to the funi for Les Arcs, and the hotel gives you a voucher for a reduced price lift pass.

Book train with tgv-europe ahead of time, and you'll get a couchette cheaply enough. Not a great night's sleep, but add a gallon of coffee and you'll ski happily all next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

When I have a few days and not much time, I fly to Paris on the cheapest flights I can find, then get an overnight train to Bourg St Maurice. Two or three days skiing (only one or two nights in hostel or hotel needed), then overnight train back to Paris, fly home.

There's a hotel in Seez, Hotel Malgovet, which is cheap, a free bus stops on the doorstep and brings you to the funi for Les Arcs, and the hotel gives you a voucher for a reduced price lift pass.

Or check out youth hostel in Seez, cheap and good craic.

Book train with tgv-europe ahead of time, and you'll get a couchette cheaply enough. Not a great night's sleep, but add a gallon of coffee and you'll ski happily all next day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement