Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clutch oil filling

Options
  • 10-07-2020 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

So I have none, bought some but when I opened the reservoir there's a inset rubber thing, that can comes out and below that there's a little oil.
    I take it you pour the oil into the rubber seal thing first then with the cap back on seals and when the clutch is pulled it draws through the oil into the main area.
    That correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Actually the rubber seal was not collapsed i.e looked to come out with a good bit of depth hence why I thought the oil would go into that instead of the steal tank part. Quick youtube video rectified that.

Thanks all, panic over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Prob best to change the clutch slave seal if fluid getting low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Yes, where's it gone? There may be a leak.
    Also, if the level went too low in the resevoir you may have drawn some air into the system and it needs to be bled.
    Does the clutch action feel odd or weak or clutch dragging when dis-engaged (lever pulled-in)?

Advertisement