Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First bike, 125cc suggestions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Also second what others have said, don't go overboard on your first bike buying new/expensive. I was in your position last year and ended up getting a Fz6 (2nd gen Fazer) for 3K and I managed to drop it twice in the space of 5 minutes. As upsetting as it was busting some plastic I would have been ALOT more pissed if it was a new expensive bike. Far as I know there are two types of bikers, those who have dropped their bike at least once and those who lie about it. ;)

You've just reminded me of a neighbour who bought a bike, having been off them for 25 years. Bought a lovely Suzuki SV650 (used). First spin out, maybe 20 minutes in, he was turning it around to go back home and dropped it (basically whilst paddling it around....) Took out a headlight, clutch lever, gearlever and some scuffs. At 5 mph.

Happens.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Thanks for clearing g that up up, cb500 looks like fun defiantly one go look out for, are the older models pretty bomb proof or would I be as well off stretching for new ? Kind of budget I would need second hand ?

Thanks for all the help this is brilliant

Yep, Honda CB500s are absolutely and utterly bombproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

Yep, most here will admit to dropping their bikes, myself included. For now though the only drop was when I knocked it over in my own garage while moving it! it thankfully landed on rubber mats beside my work bench and their was no damage to the bike only to my pride. More will come...
    Have a bandit 600s for the last few years, a baby varadero (125) before that, all I could get at the time, old rules. Insurance is 350ish, was similar on the 125 as I was still learning.
    For learning get a bike that you learn on and won't worry too much about. As an earlier poster mention you can drop a more expensive bike further down the line...

Advertisement