Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is curvy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Rozie wrote:
    Nobody's making a morphine addict inject, either, y'know.

13 stone at 5"11 is fat?!? I'm 16 stone at 5"11 and nobody seems to think I'm fat(I do have a large frame though).

Honestly, I think the healthy weight for 5"11 is somewhere around 12 stone anyway, or not far below it.

And of course, like the good little person you are, you presume it's the same for everyone else as it is for you.

Then I have no respect for you as a human being. There are far too many things wrong with that completely arrogant sentence to get into.c

They're weak. If ever I needed an example for a rather pathetic supriority complex, this is it.

And nobody who's posted who's been obese, or even particularily unhealthily overweight, that's managed to loose it. There's a difference between piling on a few pounds, and the more complex reasons behind obesity.

Honestly, if you're going to keep with these insults nobody has any right accuse me of being pushy. But oh right, I forgot, they should have thought about that that day they decided to be obese. You know, that day that didn't happen because it's a whole load of rubbish?

Quite frankly then, I think you're an insensitive prick with no respect for other people's struggles unless they meet your own set of double standards.

I dispise that because you're the exact kind that would say transsexuality is a choice too, ignoring just about every point of research that says otherwise.

banned for direct person insult.

he may be an incredibly insensitive príck, but attack the post, not the poster.
    he is allowed his own point of view regardless of whether you feel it is ethically, morally, or socially correct.

although personally, i feel that any stupid statements that arent backed up with proof should be a bannable offence myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

First off, curvy nowadays often seams to be attributed tos omeone like Jeniffer lover hewitt(mmmm). big up front, slim waist round hips , round ass.

however it encompasses a lot more, Marylin Monroe would be considered fat in todays entertainment inductry but honestly she's hot. that number on the train in some like em hot, yumm.she's curvey.

Curvey is soft feminine line, the shape flows from body part to bodypart, no sharp angles( ala thin person with implants)

You have to have too sets of scales one for people in the entertainment indusry and one for people in the street. What the Ent Ind call thin is sticklike, what they call curvey is often thin with implants. What they call fat is often curvy. a curvey person on the street who is very hot, would be considerd fat by the entertainment industry.

As for BMI and body fat, there only indicators.
    Some people carry fat better than others, placement can be very improtant and mean the difference between fat and curvy

The only person who can determin if your weight is unhelathy is a professional( ie. doc ect)
    the only person who can decide if one healthy if you body is right for you is yourself.

A curvey person who isn;t skinny, but isnt fat either. They tend to exercise well but eat a little too much, so they carry a little extra.

I defintly curve out the front(does that count) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if you want to talk about body mass index or body fat, take it to the fitness forum.

either keep it on the topic, or i will ban any other idiot that goes off on a wondering course....

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

Apologies, I meant only to talk about BMI and overweightness as an aside.
    It sort of took over my post.
    I've eddited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

sorryyyyyyyyyyy,but im all for the supermodel body,maybe ive been watching too much fasion channel but they ALL have savage arses..

ideally: AdrianaLima-Lingerie414.jpg

now,this girl could probably be considered 'stick thin' but id imagine thats what most lads would consider curvy,big fun bags and a nice arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

she has curves, but she's also got ribs sticking out everywhere. thats not exactly attractive imo.
    she could gain a few pounds and still look great i reckon.

and btw she doesn't actually have big fun bags - she's just wearing a push up bra that looks like its too small for her.
    the wonders of preparation for photoshoots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'd consider her quite curvy..and quite hot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

of course you would. she gets paid to look hot.
    you aren't the smartest of guys are you?!
    :p
    (that was a joke btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Yea I wouldn't dig the whole ribs thing... there definetely is a stage where I think a girl could look better with a few pounds more on her.

In the case of the above photo, I'd say those ribs aren't like that when shes standing normally, but whatever stance she has going. All in all she's hot but I'd throw a few more pounds on her.

I don't think she looks unhealthy by the by... lemme see if I can get a good example! :D

Actually cant find any suitable examples, but if any of the lads are looking for a good collection of fine shots, PM me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Every womens magazine on the shelves at the moment seem to devote their covers to the curvy vs skinny girl debate. I've seen celebs ranging from Charlotte Church to JLo to Jessica Alba to a slightly less emaciated Lindsey Lohan held up as the poster girl for this body fad. Indeed previous threads on topics related to womens body shape seem to refer to a male preference for curvy ladies. What I want to know is what is curvy? And is this the perfect body shape that we should all be aspiring to?

Curvy is when the the most prominant curve on your body is located on either your hips, tits or ass .... fat is when it's your stomach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Daveirl - banned for a week for going off topic. See warning above.

simu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Well, I would consider myself curvy. Size 10 waist, size 12 top as a 10 refuses to fit over my chest, size 12 or even a 14 on the ass. I have a very round ass, not unlike Beyoncé's. I'm a little overweight, as I'm only 5'3" but I recognise that and put it down to laziness and not the best diet! But I'll lose a little weight when I want. Curvy is often used in the place of overweight, and I don't like that. That means, when I accurately describe my shape, people will think I'm fat. And I'm NOT!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you're a size 12, then you probably don't need to lose any more weight. I'd *love* to get back down to a 12...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

...I agree. I reackon when men say curves they mean tiny waist, skinny legs and arms with big breasts and a round ass, Jessica Simpson style, despite the fact she's about 7 1/2 stone. This whole 'curvy is best' is just an excuse for fat people to feel better about themselves. Kate Winslet in that pic has a tiny waist and can't weigh more than 8 1/2 stone.
    I take it you haven't seen Titanic then!

I don't think many people are going to suggest that fat is sexy. But if given the choice of slightly plump/curvy, or slightly skinny, I'd go with the former!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Never heard of a corset maybe;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

thought the thread title said "scurvy" for a sec...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Brilliant; I love that that pic of the Victorias Secret model appeared above; the girl is anorexic (look at the child size limbs..ribs) with pushed up stuck on breasts and men see that as curvy, if a slightly under it. Hilarious; just goes to show what women see as curvy (size 12) men see as fat, and they actually see curvy as anorexic with a big chest.

These days charlotte is lovely and curvy but in that pic (I'm presuming it was taken during her mad stint in Ibiza) she's a little....pudgy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Brilliant; I love that that pic of the Victorias Secret model appeared above; the girl is anorexic (look at the child size limbs..ribs) with pushed up stuck on breasts and men see that as curvy, if a slightly under it. Hilarious; just goes to show what women see as curvy (size 12) men see as fat, and they actually see curvy as anorexic with a big chest.

I know - Adriana Lima is *so* slender. VS models are basically runway models who have too much t&a for the sample sizes. Same skinny limbs and 24" waists as the fashion models who men claim they don't like.

And Rachel Bilson from the OC is always touted as the "curvy" one compared to Mischa Barton - look how tiny she is in this pic standing beside regular girls, none of whom look overweight to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

rb_ie wrote:
    These days charlotte is lovely and curvy but in that pic (I'm presuming it was taken during her mad stint in Ibiza) she's a little....pudgy

Pudgy wtf? There is NOTHING pudgy about her, she'd got a normal, healthy figure.
    God I hate guys like you, you're the kind of people that cause girls to become anorexic. Get a life

Rachel Bilson is hot! Sure enough she's tiny but she still has curves.
    Very much in proportion IMO.

TheIceMaker: Yeah, guys make girls anorexic, sure :rolleyes:

EDIT: Adriana Lima...also so hot :D

You obv don't know that little comments like urs affect girls. Stupid little boyish comments like calling Charlotte Chursh 'pudgy', like wtf are you on?

GROW UP

ok then I'll say she was "doughy" :p
    Looks great these days though.

Yeah she does, except for her new hair cut tho

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ok, in reality...

It's easy to analyse figures and bodies in photos in depth, but tbh what kind of shallow person does it in real life?

You either find someone attractive or you don't. It's not a case of a checklist of body features that need to be in place first. Sure we all have a type of person we tend to be attracted to but it's usually a very general outline rather than a bunch of specifics.

Personally, I see curvy as meaning having a fair sized coupling of breasts and ass. Not necessarily thin, just not fat. A well defined figure is also in there. Fat being someone who's very overweight and has little definition to their figure. Fat and heavy are not the same thing. A well built or large framed woman is not automatically fat.

Indeed, some fat women like to say they are curvy and it's not true. Likewise some fat guys like to think that they are just big guys not fat. Equally untrue. That's just people's self-image issues coming to the fore. Understandable in a culture with such an obsession over weight but not healthy or true because of this.

The idea that men want curvy and stick thin is just an idiotic generalisation. Men are not like that in real life. Anyone who was active socially could tell you that. Sure they might point at some pin up and say she's hot, but they don't go around in pubs expecting to find such women. It's the same as generalising over women saying that they are obsessed with men with good hard muscly bodies. Sure again, they might point at a pin up and say wow he's hot. But do they walk around pubs ignoring any guy without a six pack? No.

Yes there are a tiny number of people out there with huge expectations physically of potential partners, but the vast majority of us aren't like that. We're realistic about it. :)

On a seperate issue, this tendency of women to label any thin woman as anorexic is beyond contempt. You'd swear there were no naturally thin people in the world. Anorexia is a term that's bandied about far far too easily these days. Some women are "bony". That's life. Same as some men are. But do they get labelled as anorexic because they are so thin? No, it's just brushed off as them just being naturally thin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

nesf wrote:
    On a seperate issue, this tendency of women to label any thin woman as anorexic is beyond contempt. You'd swear there were no naturally thin people in the world. Anorexia is a term that's bandied about far far too easily these days. Some women are "bony". That's life. Same as some men are. But do they get labelled as anorexic because they are so thin? No, it's just brushed off as them just being naturally thin.
    Fair enough, but it's a fact that about the vast majority of thin women in the public eye are either that way from drugs or eating disorders or a combination of both; Jackie Collins even said it on the late late on friday night. Marcia Cross (Desperate Housewives) equally said that what they are paid for is not to eat. It should be recognised that figures like that belong to little girls rather than fully grown women and the only way to look like what is perceived hot is to push yourself out of the comfort zone of food and exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,924 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That's the public eye though. You're talking about women who are paid to be photogenic, not necessarily be naturally sexy. The phrase "anorexic" does get bandied about quite a bit for naturally thin girls that you meet day to day. Nothing but jealous bitching in my opinion. Some people have different metabolisms to yours, get over it. Some girls in "real life" do become anorexic, but there is a marked difference in someone with anorexia to someone who's just thin.

Anyway, back on topic, which was I think, the limits on "what's curvy, what's fat".

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

well,lets just get something straight here..
    http://www.visualdisco.com/noticiasylinks/marzo05/VS_Show.jpg
    im sure we can agree that all the women in that photo are super hot...

top5 supermodels in the world right there... so i guess, the so called 'anorexic' look is in...even though they are no where near anorexic,just not fat..

ps. charlotte church is ugly and fat in that pic where shes in the water

Advertisement