Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinead O'Connor facebook post today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

It is true to say that Sinead has always been a bit controversial in the past,,
    But this time the poor women is only over a hysterectomy.

She must be up the walls with anxiety & all the other symptom's after such an operation.
    I was never a fan,,,,But here's to a speedy recovery if their is such a thing.
    One thing is for sure she got a lot of people talking, & that can't be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mid fifties

Been listening to some of Sinead songs and truly what a beautiful and inspiring vocal she gives to lyrics, there are many this is just one, hugs and support to you and your family Sinead.

Sinéad O'Connor & The Chieftains - The Foggy Dew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭maebee

Cheers Maebee. Jesus. Families can be tough to deal with at the best of times. I don't envy their journey. Makes you think actually that maybe the stuff you are dealing with yourself is a walk in the park compared to what some people are going through.

Well said RoadHB. I can understand what posters here are saying about SOC's attention seeking. She has history. Her recent posts show that she is deeply troubled and in need of help. No mother in her right mind would tell the world about her family troubles on FB (nobody in their right mind would post any family stuff there). She is not in her right mind. The woman is ill. FB can be a pain in the a**e but if someone posts on there "I've taken an overdose" - that's the time to tolerate FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Attention seeking isn't a bad thing. It's a cry for help from a person who doesn't currently know how to help herself.

By her posting that she may have saved her life.

More empathy is needed in the world.

I wonder how many ppl took up two mins of garda time over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

walshb wrote: »
    The Sun leads with World prays for Sinead. What utter bol€&x.

Pr1ck

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Turtle_ wrote: »
    You do realize that's an oxymoron, right?

Not necessarily. A person who is depressed can have moments of clarity and thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I wonder if the denial and bigotry of some posters here regarding mental health issues is a sign of mental health issues in itself?

Fine, she's manic. Good luck to her. It's clear that this is what she gets off on. I mean, 25 years and counting. Maybe it's time to leave her to it. It's the thought out rant of a manic depressive. No law against that, is there?

Lots of people in this world have had ****e childhoods, no love growing up and other hardships. Lots of people live with depression . Sinead O Connor has done nothing but seek attention all her life : tearing up pic of the Pope, becoming a priest, having different fathers for all her children, publicly lambasting everything she doesn't agree with.....and yet going back to the media when things don't work out for her , blaming everyone.... Even her children!!!

She is not the only one to suffer in life . I had all of the above ....(except multiple fathers of my children) ...I lost a child....then serious depression. But I sought help , I didn't blame the whole world. We all have choices and sometimes we have to look at ourselves and all that hurt inside and stop blaming everyone else .....just get help and deal with it the best you can . Get off social media and get out in to nature to heal . Stop blaming, stop focusing on others, and focus on yourself.

I hope she finally get some help and some peace

I wonder if the denial and bigotry of some posters here regarding mental health issues is a sign of mental health issues in itself?

People are entitled to question a woman who has being making a living the past 25 years from being controversial.

And, since when does anyone have to always sympathise with a mental health sufferer? There are some people suffering with mental health that are plain nasty and bad and evil. There are also some who claim to be mentally unwell who are not, and who are just plain nasty and not nice. The world is full of complexity.

Regarding Sinead. If the woman is suffering and is deeply unhappy I do sympathise. Absoluteley. I am not convinced by her stunts that she is tortured and deeply unhappy. The many times I have seen her she always comes across ever so arrogant and contrived. Fully in control of what she is doing. I can only base my judgment on what I have seen. I don't know her personally, and I am guessing most here don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Not necessarily. A person who is depressed can have moments of clarity and thought.

You should really do some research on bipolar and the effects it has on people's thought processes when they are in the grips of an episode. It is not the same as depression.

People are entitled to question a woman who has being making a living the past 25 years from being controversial.

And, since when does anyone have to always sympathise with a mental health sufferer? There are some people suffering with mental health that are plain nasty and bad and evil. There are also some who claim to be mentally unwell who are not, and who are just plain nasty and not nice. The world is full of complexity.

Regarding Sinead. If the woman is suffering and is deeply unhappy I do sympathise. Absoluteley. I am not convinced by her stunts that she is tortured and deeply unhappy. The many times I have seen her she always comes across ever so arrogant and contrived. Fully in control of what she is doing. I can only base my judgment on what I have seen. I don't know her personally, and I am guessing most here don't.

In the same way that you pass judgement on Sinead based on her FB posts, people pass judgement on you based on your boards.ie posts.

You are entitled to your opinion but it doesnt appear to be an informed opinion so there isnt much value in it.

Well, judging by her posts and what we know her own felsh and blood don't even seem to have time for her, yet I am not ready to fall for this latest stunt or whatever and I have an issue?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

With all her money and contacts surely she could get help faster than me and you

Well, judging by her posts and what we know her own felsh and blood don't even seem to have time for her, yet I am not ready to fall for this latest stunt or whatever and I have an issue?

My guess would be that her family are actually trying to help her - they seemed to have involved the Gardai and St. Pats probably in an effort to have her sectioned for her own good - but as she seems to be in a fragile and agitated state of mind she can't see this. Again, you should read up on bipolar disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

walshb... can I ask why you care so much that you need to make such a effort to repeatedly post here? We understand that you vehemently detest Sinead O'Connor... you believe she is evil and she has obviously caused you some personal distress in some way... But why are you pushing your point so aggressively?

Whether you like her or not, or believe her or not, she obviously needs some sort of attention & help... why not just leave others to it, without getting too worked up yourself.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    walshb... can I ask why you care so much that you need to make such a effort to repeatedly post here? We understand that you vehemently detest Sinead O'Connor... you believe she is evil and she has obviously caused you some personal distress in some way... But why are you pushing your point so aggressively?

Whether you like her or not, or believe her or not, she obviously needs some sort of attention & help... why not just leave others to it, without getting too worked up yourself.

I posted once. The rest are mostly replies to people. I am not at all worked up. Just debating and engaging. I think I am entitled to that. Sounds like you are a bit annoyed that I am posting here, or maybe it's that my posts aren't so much in support for Sinead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

With all her money and contacts surely she could get help faster than me and you

The thing about mental illness, though, is that you don't always recognise when you're unwell. It's easy to say "My chest hurts, I need to see a doctor", but when your very thought processes are messed up there isn't always that "click" that says "What I'm thinking here isn't right". She has access to the resources, certainly, but maybe not the ability to recognise that she needs to use them.

We dont know that at all. We know she thinks they dont but sure her thinking is distorted by mental illness so I wouldnt put any stock in that.

I think you should educate yourself on mental health issues. Your posts make little sense in context, because you dont really understand what you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

If she really wanted to commit suicide she would not have posted it on facebook.

Maybe, but she still might have managed to do something she didn't actually really want to do and end up dead anyway.

I'm no SOC fan. Can't stand her to tell you the truth but, as a side to that, I hope most of the people on here, who've condemned the woman, never have to contend with a person with a mental illness. It's a bizarre thing to witness the melt down of somebody who for the most part you find perfectly reasonable, caring and dare I say it normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Half the country rants on fb; should we section them all?

Classic Peep Show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

But a person who's manic (and her posts don't read of depression, they read more like mania) is by definition not thinking clearly! And that's before you even consider a mixed episode.

I had to stop reading her posts, it felt too voyeuristic, but it seemed clear to me that actually everyone in her life was rallying around trying to help her and her kids, but she - presumably due to illness - can't see that at the moment.

Turtle_ wrote: »
    But a person who's manic (and her posts don't read of depression, they read more like mania) is by definition not thinking clearly! And that's before you even consider a mixed episode.

I had to stop reading her posts, it felt too voyeuristic, but it seemed clear to me that actually everyone in her life was rallying around trying to help her and her kids, but she - presumably due to illness - can't see that at the moment.

Sinead has had many moments of clarity and thought and "normalness." Just look at the interviews. She is more than capable of exibiting what anyone could describe as normal chit chat and normal behaviour, even if a lot of it IMO comes across as arrogant.

Just my view: I believe a hell of a lot of her antics and stunts (that people are putting down to "poor Sinead, she needs help and love") are contrived and deliberate and thought out. It's who she is. Leave her to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mid fifties

Half the country rants on fb; should we section them all?

Yes please and straight jackets for the whole fecking lot of them and while we're at it can we include eastenders as well and as for sinead. looking for a volunteer to go in and take her laptop away.

Anyone.

Sinead has had many moments of clarity and thought and "normalness." Just look at the interviews. She is more than capable of exibiting what anyone could describe as normal chit chat and normal behaviour, even if a lot of it IMO comes across as arrogant.

Just my view: I believe a hell of a lot of her antics and stunts (that people are putting down to "poor Sinead, she needs help and love") are contrived and deliberate and thought out. It's who she is. Leave her to it.

Again, I'd tell you to actually do some research on what having bipolar entails because you really don't seem to understand it at all. I'm not a fan of Sinead O'Connor at all but her condition is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zxcvbnm1

Polite way of saying you know what.

The latest rant from her is very deliberate and thought out and manufactured. As mentioned, god help her children having to live with that. A nasty woman who needs ignoring. It's plain obvious that she doesn't want help. There is nothing to help. She is what she is.

@Walshb - you are absolutely heartless. The woman is currently in a psychiatric hospital - and you think this is all some publicity stunt toi get her on the lat late show or whatever

Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe she is genuinely very mentally ill? Why are you so reluctant to accept by far and away the most obvious explanation.

You are the epitome of heartless internet troll. And clearly you don't know the first thing about mental health issues because if you did you wouldn't be posting like you are.

All you are doing is highlighting your ignorance...but that's ok...your anonymous on the internet anyway so easy to give the abuse from behind a keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

zxcvbnm1 wrote: »
    @Walshb - you are absolutely heartless. The woman is currently in a psychiatric hospital - and you think this is all some publicity stunt toi get her on the lat late show or whatever

Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe she is genuinely very mentally ill? Why are you so reluctant to accept by far and away the most obvious explanation.

You are the epitome of heartless internet troll. And clearly you don't know the first thing about mental health issues because if you did you wouldn't be posting like you are.

All you are doing is highlighting your ignorance...but that's ok...your anonymous on the internet anyway so easy to give the abuse from behind a keyboard.

Gosh i think ye're all being a bit harsh on walshb. He is entitled to his opinion and whilst I feel sorry for sinead and her family you have to accept that she has always courted publicity. So you can see why some people are a bit wary of this episode.
    I hope she gets all the help that she needs and that her family dont give up on her

zxcvbnm1 wrote: »

Yes, it is a consideration that she is mentally ill. That doesn't mean that I automatically have to be sympathetic for her. Maybe others that she is lambasting and slagging and bringing into her "crazy" world deserve the sympathy? Similar to the victims of crime. I prefer to save my thoughts and sympathy for them, as opposed to the perpetrator, who may or may not have have had a bad day with their mental health.

This rush to be all symnpathetic for Sinead is a little puzzling, considering her form and history.

SAMTALK wrote: »
    He is entitled to his opinion and whilst I feel sorry for sinead and her family you have to accept that she has always courted publicity. So you can see why some people are a bit wary of this episode.

What part of what's happening at the moment would make you think she is doing it as a publicity stunt? Having her children taken away from her? Being in a psychiatric hospital? The illogical, rambling posts on facebook that no sane person would post? What do reckon this publicity stunt is hoping to achieve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

What part of what's happening at the moment would make you think she is doing it as a publicity stunt? Having her children taken away from her? Being in a psychiatric hospital? The illogical, rambling posts on facebook that no sane person would post? What do reckon this publicity stunt is hoping to achieve?

Sorry I think you should read back my post. I didnt say I thought she was doing it as a publicity stunt. I said i could understand why some people might think it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement